Mud flow kills 26 in ChinaSeptember 8th, 2008 - 7:11 pm ICT by IANS
Taiyuan (China), Sep 8 (Xinhua) At least 26 people were killed Monday when a warehouse collapsed under the impact of mud and rock flow following heavy rain in north China’s Shanxi province, works safety bureau said.One person was injured and several others were trapped under the debris, it said.
The incident occurred around 8 a.m. in a warehouse of the Tashan mine in Xiangfen county, Linfen city.
A rescue team of more than 300 local police and villagers were searching the rubble for survivors.
- Seven killed in China mine collapse - Feb 20, 2012
- 152 trapped in flooded coal mine in China - Mar 28, 2010
- China: 11 workers confirmed dead in Changzhi mine accident - Apr 17, 2012
- Mud flow kills 56 in China - Sep 10, 2008
- Nine Chinese miners miraculously survive after being trapped for a week - Apr 05, 2010
- 53 rescuers pulled out of southwest China mine, 5 workers trapped - Jul 29, 2012
- China mudflow toll rises to 151 - Sep 12, 2008
- Death toll in China mudslide hits 128; rescue continues (lead) - Sep 10, 2008
- China sentences 58 in mine landslide case - Sep 30, 2010
- Three trapped in Goa mining accident - Jun 18, 2011
- 702 dead, 1,042 missing in China mudslides (Lead) - Aug 10, 2010
- Mudslide at iron mine in northwest China kills 7, buries 21 - Aug 01, 2012
- 114 miners rescued from flooded mine in China (Second Lead) - Apr 05, 2010
- 127 die, 2,000 missing in China landslides (Third Lead) - Aug 08, 2010
- Delhi death toll rises to 65, rescue efforts on (Second lead) - Nov 16, 2010