Mubarak’s health remains seriousJune 8th, 2012 - 6:36 am ICT by IANS
Cairo, June 8 (IANS) Egypt’s ex-president Hosni Mubarak’s health condition remained serious a day after being placed on the ventilator several times in Torah prison hospital, MENA news agency reported.
Mubarak,84, was in serious health condition Thursday as he was placed on the ventilator several times Wednesday night in the hospital, Xinhua reported citing the report.
“Mubarak was placed on the artificial ventilator all night, after he was exposed to shortness of breath with a high blood pressure resulted from atrial pulse in the heart,” an official source said.
The former Egyptian leader is still suffering from severe depression, so he spoke little only with his son Gamal. He may be transferred to a military hospital, which depends on a medical report to be written by the medical team treating him, the source added.
Mubarak is facing health problem which is accumulating since he was admitted to the prison last Saturday after the Cairo Criminal Court awarded him life in prison.
The court last Saturday sentenced Mubarak and former interior minister Habib Adli to life in jail for complicity in killing protesters raising their voice against Egyptian regime.
- Egypt's general prosecutor mulls shifting Mubarak to jail - Apr 21, 2011
- Mubarak's health deteriorates in prison - Jun 06, 2012
- Hosni Mubarak facing stroke risk : official - Jun 10, 2012
- Mubarak's supporters call for his release - Jun 12, 2012
- Mubarak's health stable after unconsciousness - May 28, 2011
- Hosni Mubarak's health is deteriorating - Jun 06, 2012
- Mubarak trial venue changed due to security concerns - Jul 31, 2011
- Mubarak found guilty of role in protesters' killings (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Egypt's ousted leader Mubarak in 'very critical' condition, not dead - Jun 20, 2012
- Egypt to announce Mubarak verdict June 2 - Feb 23, 2012
- Mubarak verdict to be appealed against - Jun 03, 2012
- Mubarak's daughters-in-law banned from leaving Egypt - Jun 17, 2011
- Mubarak's wife hands over property to state - May 17, 2011
- Ex-Egyptian president gets jail for life (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Mubarak's trial to be held every day - Jan 03, 2012
Tags: adli, complicity, criminal court, former egyptian leader, habib, health condition, high blood pressure, hosni mubarak, interior minister, life in prison, medical report, medical team, military hospital, president hosni mubarak, prison hospital, serious health, severe depression, shortness of breath, ventilator, xinhua