Mubarak to be transferred to Cairo for trialAugust 3rd, 2011 - 1:21 am ICT by IANS
Cairo, Aug 2 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Egypt’s ousted president Hosni Mubarak will be transferred Wednesday from a Red Sea resort to Cairo to face trial.
He is facing charges for ordering the killing of protesters during February’s revolution, regional media said.
Mubarak, 83, has been under detention in a hospital in the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, where he is being treated for heart problems.
His transfer to a prison hospital in the capital, Cairo, has been repeatedly delayed due to his health problems.
Egypt’s prosecutor general Monday summoned Mubarak to appear in court.
The first hearings are scheduled for Aug 3 in Cairo.
Mubarak’s sons, Gamal and Alaa, will also be tried on charges of corruption.
- Mubarak's daughters-in-law banned from leaving Egypt - Jun 17, 2011
- Egypt extends detention of Mubarak's sons for 15 days - Apr 27, 2011
- Hosni Mubarak to be moved to prison hospital - Apr 25, 2011
- Mubarak's wife detained in corruption probe - May 14, 2011
- Spain to hand over Mubarak confidant - Oct 11, 2011
- Egypt sets up committee to re-check Mubarak's health - May 20, 2011
- Mubarak may be transferred to prison hospital - May 26, 2011
- Mubarak, two sons detained for 15 days (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Prosecutors quiz Mubarak, wife - May 12, 2011
- Mubarak's trial to be held every day - Jan 03, 2012
- Mubarak's wife hands over property to state - May 17, 2011
- Mubarak has second heart attack after being detained (Second Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Is Mubarak still in Sharm el-Sheikh? - Apr 17, 2011
- Mubarak to apologise to Egyptian people: Paper - May 17, 2011
- Former first lady Suzanne Mubarak detained for 15 days in Egypt - May 14, 2011
Tags: alaa, aug 2, cairo, corruption, egypt, gamal, health problems, heart problems, hosni mubarak, president hosni mubarak, prison hospital, prosecutor general, protesters, red sea resort, regional media, ria novosti, sharm el sheikh