MRF set to roll out aviation tyresAugust 28th, 2008 - 8:01 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 28 (IANS) City-based tyre maker MRF Ltd is all set to roll out aviation tyres for defence aircraft, a top official said here Thursday. “MRF is the first Indian tyre manufacturer to have developed aviation tyres. The company’s tyre for Chetak helicopter has got the airworthiness certificate and negotiations are on for rolling out tyres for other defence aircraft,” MRF chairman and managing director K.K. Mammen told reporters here Thursday.
Expressing the hope that the government would partly fund the initiative, he said the company could make aviation tyres at its Arokkonam facility near Chennai.
MRF signed a memorandum of understanding with the Tamil Nadu government in May to set up a radial tyre plant in Perambulur district.
The company will also expand its existing radial tyre plant at Arakonam. Both projects will require investments worth Rs.9 billion ($209 million).
The new plant will roll out 350,000 car and truck radial tyres in the first phase, which will be doubled in the second phase.
ASked about the labour issues at its Tiruvottiyur plant in the city, he said most of the issues were settled.
“If the remaining issues are not settled amicably then we may have to look for alternatives,” he added.
- Labour unrest at MRF again, Arakonam plant locked out - May 18, 2009
- Daimler India's Bharat Benz trucks to roll on JK Tyres - Feb 06, 2012
- MRF to set up new radial tyre plant - May 02, 2008
- Sit-in strike at MRF plants enters 11th day - May 19, 2009
- MRF Ltd mulls overseas acquisitions - Oct 10, 2011
- Apollo Tyres ups new plant investment to Rs.2,100 crore (Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
- JK Tyre actively looking for rubber plantation overseas - Jul 30, 2012
- Michelin to roll out radial truck tyres in 2012 - Jul 06, 2011
- Apollo Tyres raises new plant investment to Rs.2,100 crore - Jan 11, 2011
- JK Group to invest Rs.1,300 crore in power sector foray - Apr 19, 2011
- Tyre maker MRF declares lockout at Puducherry plant - Feb 23, 2009
- Striking MRF workers plan to return ration, voter cards - May 20, 2009
- Motorsports: MRF launches Formula 2000 car - Aug 24, 2012
- Pakistan grounds all private jets for checks - Apr 24, 2012
- JK Tyre enters Tamil Nadu with Rs.1500 crore plant - Aug 04, 2010