Moussa condemns terrorist attack in MumbaiDecember 1st, 2008 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 1 (IANS) Arab League Secretary General Amre Moussa Monday condemned the terrorist attacks in Mumbai.Describing the attacks as a heinous crime, he said the League of Arab States had condemned the attacks in no uncertain terms.
During his talks with Lok Sabha Speaker Somanath Chatterjee here, Moussa also offered his condolences and sympathy for all those killed in the terrorist attacks in Mumbai.
Chatterjee told the four-member League of Arab States delegation, led by Moussa, that a collective action was needed against the scourge of terrorism.
Admiring the commendable courage and bravery exhibited by the security forces in fighting the terrorists, Chatterjee said India was determined to root out terrorism in all its forms and manifestations.
The Lok Sabha Speaker also reiterated India’s stand for a negotiated settlement of Palestinian cause.
“Parliament of India as a whole had consistently supported the cause,” Chatterjee said.
He also recalled the resolution passed by the Indian parliament condemning the invasion in Iraq.
The speaker held that the stability in the Arab world was in India’s interest and that India would continue to work for consolidating the historic relations between the two regions.
Recalling India’s age-old relations with the Arab world, the speaker stressed the need for comprehensive cooperation in diverse areas of mutual interest, including trade, commerce, culture and parliamentary cooperation.
- Parliament, politicians condemn Delhi terror attack (Roundup) - Sep 07, 2011
- Parliament light pillar of democracy: Meira Kumar (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- UAE to host meeting of Arab League, Pacific island states - May 13, 2010
- Egypt: Amr Moussa vows to fight unemployment, poverty - Apr 29, 2011
- Delhi Police got intelligence alert on threat: Chidambaram - Sep 07, 2011
- Parliament adopts resolution remembering 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2009
- Delhi blast a heinous attack: Sarkozy - Sep 07, 2011
- Privilege notice issued to Arvind Kejriwal - Mar 17, 2012
- Delhi blast: Chidambaram to make statement in parliament - Sep 07, 2011
- Gadaffi accepts Chavez's mediation offer - Mar 03, 2011
- Arab League chief to run for Egyptian presidency - Feb 28, 2011
- Mumbai terror: World leaders rally in solidarity (Roundup) - Jul 14, 2011
- Parliament pays tribute to 26/11 martyrs - Nov 26, 2010
- Parliament was treated like a temple once, recalls veteran from first Lok Sabha (with images) - May 06, 2012
- Hang Afzal call grows loud, nation remembers 'martyrs' (Roundup) - Dec 13, 2011