Mountaineer dies after fall from West Bengal hillFebruary 2nd, 2010 - 11:48 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 2 (IANS) A mountaineer died Tuesday after he slipped and fell from the Ayodhya hill in West Bengal’s Purulia district while on a trekking mission, police said.
Amitava Sen, who was trekking along with two others, fell 100 feet down into a gorge, an official said.
“He is dead. He slipped and the rope bound to his waist gave way,” said an officer manning the state police control room.
However, Sen’s body was yet to be brought out from the gorge.
- Maoist commander, wife surrender in Bengal - Nov 06, 2011
- Women Maoist cadres surrender in Bengal - Jul 30, 2012
- Massive combing operation on to locate crashed MiG-29 - Nov 04, 2011
- Bengal teenager who fell into well brought out dead - Jun 25, 2012
- Darjeeling bridge collapse toll rises to 32 - Oct 23, 2011
- 18 killed in Shillong accident - Aug 08, 2012
- Five Maoists arrested in West Bengal - Aug 12, 2010
- Crashed MiG's one engine found, no trace of pilot - Oct 27, 2011
- Maoists abduct intelligence officer in Bengal - Oct 23, 2010
- West Bengal official dies in accident in Uttrakhand - Oct 10, 2009
- Two Maoists held in Bengal raids - Feb 15, 2011
- Maoist strategist held in Bengal (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Recovered bodies may be of missing IB officer, teacher: Police - Mar 12, 2011
- Top Maoist leader held in Bengal - Jul 17, 2012
- Maoists kill three Forward Bloc activists - Oct 04, 2010