Motorcycle rally pays homage to 26/11 victimsMay 21st, 2010 - 5:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 21 (IANS) Around 100 motorcycle riders Friday rallied across the affected spots of 26/11 to pay tribute to the victims and hail the judiciary for sentencing Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Amir Kasab to death.
The riders gathered at the Trident Hotel and travelled to locations touched by terror, including the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, the Leopold CafÃ© and the Nariman House.
The rally concluded at the Gateway of India, near where the terrorists had that day stormed luxury hotels for a killing spree.
The bike rally was organised by entertainment channel UTV Bindass.
“Through this initiative, we salute the judicial system for the rapid action taken over Kasab,” said a rider. Kasab was sentenced to death May 6.
Kasab was one of 10 Pakistani terrorists who sneaked into Mumbai Nov 26 and unleashed mayhem over three days, killing 166 Indians and foreigners.
- Kasab death sentence: Mumbai court to decide Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- High court to decide on Kasab death sentence Feb 21 (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Death for Kasab 18 months after 26/11 (Roundup) - May 06, 2010
- Kasab held guilty for 26/11, two Indians freed (Third Lead) - May 03, 2010
- Why name Saeed, Lakhvi in 26/11 verdict, asks Jamaat-ud-Dawa - May 04, 2010
- Kasab gets the noose for 26/11 attack (Third Lead) - May 06, 2010
- Pakistani Kasab guilty of 26/11, Indians absolved (Roundup) - May 03, 2010
- Kasab: He first took to crime, then to jehad - Aug 29, 2012
- Kasab weak, weary ahead of 26/11 verdict - Feb 20, 2011
- Kasab guilty in 26/11 case, two Indians acquitted (Second Lead) - May 03, 2010
- Three years on, India remembers 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2011
- Kasab guilty of 26/11, Indians absolved (Second Intro Roundup) - May 03, 2010
- Pakistani Kasab guilty of 26/11, Indians absolved (Intro Roundup) - May 03, 2010
- Mumbai terrorist's fate to be sealed Monday - May 02, 2010
- Judgement Day for 26/11 terrorist (Lead) - May 02, 2010
Tags: ajmal, bike rally, chhatrapati shivaji terminus, foreigners, gateway of india, homage, judicial system, judiciary, kasab, killing spree, leopold, luxury hotels, mayhem, motorcycle rally, motorcycle riders, nariman, pakistani terrorists, rapid action, trident hotel, utv