Motorcycle-borne robbers loot Rs.1.89 mn in DelhiAugust 10th, 2008 - 12:08 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 9 (IANS) Unidentified robbers on motorcycles looted Rs.1.89 million from two men in the Kalkaji area of south Delhi Saturday, police said. “Mahesh Aggarwal and Kewal Talwar, employees of ABAN company in East Of Kailash were on their way to deposit the money in HDFC Bank in Nehru Place on their bike when three assailants tried to snatch their bag containing money. When the men resisted, assailants stabbed them and fled with the cash,” said a police officer.
Kewal was stabbed on the thigh while Mahesh suffered minor injuries.
However, the police has denied the hand of the biker gang behind the crime. The police said the biker gang would loot people after firing at them while in this case the victims were stabbed.
The police has lodged a robbery case but no arrests have been.
- Roadways bus looted in Ghaziabad - Mar 28, 2011
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Bike-borne men loot Rs.32 lakh - Apr 28, 2011
- Robbers loot Rs.1 million - Jan 12, 2012
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Delhi's bike-borne chain snatchers - targeting the vulnerable - Mar 30, 2011
- Delhi cop transferred for refusing to file complaint - Jan 16, 2011
- Delhi jeweller looted of Rs.1.55 crore at gunpoint (Lead) - Dec 16, 2009
- Rs 8 lakh looted from garment factory staff - Jan 07, 2010
- Delhi cop suspended after vigilance report - Jan 18, 2011
- Delhi Police bust biker gang - Sep 13, 2010
- Man fired at after bid to snatch mother's gold chain - Nov 04, 2011
- Robbers snatch Rs.5 lakh, victim retrieves money - Oct 03, 2011
- Firing in Delhi market, one killed (Lead) - Dec 19, 2009
- Rs.1 lakh snatched from 75-year-old - Jun 17, 2011