Mother, wife call on Jagan in jailMay 29th, 2012 - 2:52 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 29 (IANS) A day after MP Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy was sent to jail by a court in a corruption case, his mother, wife and other family members called on him here Tuesday.
Jagan’s mother Y.S. Vijayamma, wife Bharathi, sister Sharmila and brother-in-law Anil Kumar spent 45 minutes with him at the Chanchalguda Central Jail.
The family reached the jail soon after ‘mulaqat’ time started. He was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Sunday.
Bharathi along with Jagan’s aide and auditor Vijay Sai Reddy had reached jail Monday evening but the authorities did not let them meet him.
Vijayamma is believed to have discussed with her son their party’s strategy for the June 12 by-elections. The party hopes to cash in on the perceived public sympathy in the wake of his arrest.
Vijayamma, the honorary president of the party and a member of the state assembly, will launch the campaign from Narsannapeta in Srikakulam district.
Former MP and YSR party candidate for Nellore Lok Sabha by-poll Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy also called on Jagan. He alleged that he was arrested to keep him away from by-election campaign.
Meanwhile, Jagan was Tuesday allotted a separate cell in line with the special category status given by the court.
He is entitled for better diet and can also cook his own food. The 12×12 cell has a kitchen and a toilet attached to it.
The 40-year-old, said to be the richest MP, spent the night in the admission barrack, where the under trials are usually kept if brought late in the evening.
Rajmohan Reddy told reporters that Jagan was fine. He said the jail life would not be very tough for Jagan as he had been touring the state under hot sun.
- Newly-elected legislators call on Jagan in jail - Jun 16, 2012
- YSR Congress Party bags 8 assembly seats, leading in 7 (Second Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Jagan celebrates party's win in jail - Jun 15, 2012
- Campaigning ends for Andhra by-elections - Jun 10, 2012
- Another legislator quits Congress, two more call on Jagan's mother - May 31, 2012
- YSR Congress Party wins Nellore Lok Sabha, 14 assembly seats (Third Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Jagan's mother, sister storm Andhra by-poll scene (With images) - May 31, 2012
- Stage set for Tuesday's by-polls in Andhra Pradesh - Jun 11, 2012
- Jagan's mother hits out at Sonia Gandhi for arrest - May 27, 2012
- Congress intensifies attack on Jagan in by-poll campaign - Jun 04, 2012
- Jagan's judicial custody extended, complains of 'insult' (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Election panel refuses to intervene in Jagan's case - May 29, 2012
- YSR Congress sweeps Andhra by-polls, bags Lok Sabha, 15 assembly seats (Roundup) - Jun 15, 2012
- Court sends Jagan to CBI custody for five days (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Jagan's mother to campaign in by-elections - May 28, 2012
Tags: barrack, category status, cbi, central bureau of investigation, central jail, corruption case, election campaign, honorary president, hot sun, hyderabad, jagan, jail life, Lok Sabha, nellore, party candidate, public sympathy, sharmila, srikakulam district, state assembly, ysr