Mother waiting for son missing after blastsSeptember 14th, 2008 - 9:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 14 (IANS) For 80-year-old Ajit Kaur, fate has played a cruel joke at the last phase of life, as she took rounds of various Delhi hospitals carrying a photograph of her handicapped son who went missing after the Saturday blasts.Kaur’s 40-year-old son Sharanjeet Singh went to Karol Bagh Saturday evening and is untraceable since then.
“My son never carried a mobile phone and we are searching for him since the news of five blasts broke out,” said the mother, her voice broken and tears rolling down her cheeks.
Singh runs a small shop in Baljeet Nagar area in Patel Nagar. He has a four-year-old daughter, Gurpreet, who clung to her grandma as she appealed to people through TV channels to inform if they spot Singh.
The family landed at the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital after making the rounds of Lady Hardinge Hospital, Sir Gangaram Hospital and the All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
Equally pathetic is the case of Raju, a 25-year-old who was standing outside his house in Karol Bagh when the bomb went off. Since then, no one has seen him.
His grief-stricken wife Yashoda has now been hospitalised, Raju’s brother Shyam told IANS.
“The police say they have no information about my brother and that we ourselves should visit every hospital to check out.”