Mother of three held for drug peddlingJune 12th, 2012 - 8:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 12 (IANS) A mother of three, who became a drug peddler to pay for her husband’s medical treatment, was arrested here along with an accomplice, police said Tuesday.
Darshana, 25, from Rohini in north Delhi, and Danish, 22, from Uttar Pradesh were held Monday in Subzi Mandi area on a tip-off and drugs worth Rs.50 lakh were recovered from them, police said.
“We recovered 400 gm of heroin from Danish and 100 gm from Darshana,” said a police official.
Danish procured the drugs from Uttar Pradesh and supplied them to Darshana who sold them to clients in Delhi, the official said.
The official said Drashana’s husband was a tuberculosis patient and was unable to work. Due to this, she joined Danish to peddle drugs.
- 61-year-old peddler arrested with drugs worth Rs.3 crore - Jul 13, 2012
- Woman drug peddler arrested in Delhi - Jul 09, 2012
- Two drug peddlers, supplier arrested in Delhi - Dec 25, 2010
- Two arrested, drugs worth over Rs.62 lakh seized - May 07, 2011
- Two drug peddlers held with heroin worth over Rs.1 crore - Jan 29, 2011
- Three held with 45 kg of opium - Jul 01, 2011
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011
- Four held with heroin worth Rs.1.5 crore - Jan 19, 2011
- Drug peddler held in capital - Jan 13, 2011
- Six drug peddlers arrested - Mar 29, 2011
- Four held, drugs worth Rs.1.39 crore seized - Oct 08, 2011
- Two engineering students held with heroin worth Rs.10 mn - Feb 17, 2010
- Man held for drug trafficking - Sep 16, 2011
- Drug trafficker held - Mar 30, 2011
- Drug peddler arrested with heroin worth Rs.1 crore - Jul 14, 2010