Mother of Rajesh Talwar’s lawyer murderedMarch 8th, 2011 - 9:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 8 (IANS) The 85-year-old mother of a lawyer, who appeared for dentist Rajesh Talwar — facing trial for the murder of his teenaged daughter Aarushi in Noida, was found strangled in her house in east Delhi Tuesday evening, police said.
“Anna Mammen, mother of Rebecca John, was found dead in her house in Vivek Vihar in east Delhi around 4.30 p.m.,” said a senior police officer.
John represented Talwar in the Aarushi murder case in a court in Uttar Pradesh’s Ghaziabad.
Mammen was alone in her house when the incident took place. “Some unidentified men strangled her with electrical wires lying in her house,” said the officer.
Initial probe hinted that it could be a case of robbery-cum-murder, he said.
Fourteen-year-old Aarushi, a Class 9 student of Delhi Public School, Noida, was found murdered at her parents’ apartment in Noida May 16, 2008.
The family’s servant Hemraj was initially suspected for the killing but his body was found on the flat’s terrace a day later.
The Ghaziabad court ordered Feb 9 that the Talwars be charged with murder, destruction of evidence and criminal conspiracy.
- Mother of Rajesh Talwar's lawyer murdered (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Hemraj's wife moves court saying Talwars killed him - Mar 26, 2011
- Aarushi's parents to face trial: Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Aarushi's parents to face trial, Supreme Court rules (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Talwars move Supreme Court against trial order - Mar 19, 2011
- Murder of lawyer's mother: Construction workers quizzed - Mar 10, 2011
- Two held for Rebecca John mother's murder - Mar 12, 2011
- Media can't term Rajesh Talwar an accused: Lawyer - Jan 02, 2011
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Allahabad High Court dismisses Talwar's plea - Mar 18, 2011
- Rajesh Talwar to continue on bail - Mar 14, 2012
- High court decision March 18 on Aarushi's mother's plea - Mar 08, 2011
- Aarushi's parents want to examine CBI report - Jan 02, 2011
- Two held for murder of Rebecca John's mother (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Aarushi's parents to face trial: Supreme Court - Jan 06, 2012