Mother kills sons, attempts suicide in West BengalFebruary 18th, 2009 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 18 (IANS) A woman, distressed over her husband’s extra-marital affair, poisoned her two sons and then tried to kill herself, police said here Wednesday.
The incident took place at Barasat town in North 24 Parganas district on the outskirts of the city.
“Barnali Jana, a resident of Duttapukur area, poisoned her two sons and consumed the poison herself late Tuesday night after she came to know about her husband’s extra-marital affair. Though critical, she is alive. But her two sons died Wednesday noon,” said a police official of Barasat police station.
Her two sons were aged five and three, the official said. Her husband, Jayanta, was out of town when Jana poisoned her sons, he added.
- Woman stabs son to death over husband's affair - Dec 29, 2009
- Wife stabs husband for infidelity - Apr 07, 2010
- Woman commits suicide over husband's affairs (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Man kills wife over infidelity - Nov 10, 2011
- I want to inspire women, says Mona Singh - Jun 23, 2012
- Extra-marital affair forces official to commit suicide - Dec 30, 2010
- Mother gets son killed to keep affair under wraps - Sep 01, 2011
- Security guard kills wife, sons - Jun 01, 2011
- Two double murders leave Ludhiana shocked - Feb 03, 2012
- Property dealer gets life term for wife's killing - Nov 17, 2010
- Share-broking firm owner's wife found dead in Gurgaon - Jul 06, 2011
- Woman teams up with lover to kill husband - Dec 22, 2010
- Actor Eddie Cibrian's Ex-Wife Taken Into Custody For DUI - Oct 31, 2010
- Ruchika case: Rathore's bail extended till February 8 - Jan 13, 2010
- Mystery surrounds Chandigarh doctor's death - Dec 22, 2011