Mother in coma after eight-day-old boy disappearsJune 2nd, 2008 - 3:09 pm ICT by admin
Raipur, June 2 (IANS) A poor woman was in coma Monday in a leading hospital here after her eight-day-old son went missing from the nursery ward. Munni Bai, 25, who is from Mandir Hasod area on Raipur’s outskirts, slipped into coma after alleging that a nurse offered her money if she gave away the baby to a couple looking for a boy.
Munni Bai delivered the boy May 24 at the Bhimrao Ambedkar Government Hospital. Soon, doctors separated her from the child on medical grounds.
Every day she was allowed to breast-feed the baby. On Saturday, she was told that the boy had gone missing. The police were informed.
The case of the missing child has generated tremendous interest in Raipur.
Sunil Gupta, assistant superintendent of the hospital, told newsmen Monday: “Every newborn carries a tag and registration number on his or her legs to know which kid belongs to which couple.
“My hospital always takes all possible steps to ensure safety of the child. We are compiling details and crosschecking other inputs,” he added.
District Superintendent of Police Amit Kumar told IANS: “The police are solidly behind the mother, soon the kingpins will be behind the bars.”
- Mother in coma after infant goes missing, police clueless (Lead) - Jun 02, 2008
- Sketch of suspected woman released in child theft case(Lead) - Jun 03, 2008
- 20-day-old boy stolen, left back in same hospital - Jun 15, 2008
- Sketch of suspected woman released in child theft case - Jun 03, 2008
- Missing Raipur baby found with 'wrong' mother - Jun 17, 2008
- Falak continues to battle for life, three arrested in case (Roundup) - Feb 02, 2012
- Munni is Falak's mother, say police; two more arrested (Roundup) - Feb 07, 2012
- Andhra man beats wife for carrying girl child - Apr 03, 2012
- Baby Falak case: two held, human trafficking suspected (Second Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Falak case: Two accused have prostitution racket links - Feb 09, 2012
- Baby Falak's brother found - Feb 15, 2012
- Over 200 workers in hospital after food poisoning - Oct 02, 2010
- Jessie J wakes up 6-years-old girl from coma - Aug 20, 2012
- Munni is Falak's mother, wants her custody - Feb 07, 2012
- Three arrested in Falak's case as she battles for life (Second Lead) - Feb 01, 2012