Mother, daughter killed in Maoist attackApril 11th, 2012 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, April 11 (IANS) A woman and her daughter were killed Wednesday in Chhattisgarh’s restive Sukma district when Maoists opened fire at a police camp, an official said.
Maoists, estimated to be in dozens, fired at the camp of the state policemen in an interior area some 500 km south from here.
A woman labourer, Koteshwari, and her daughter Subba Rao were killed in the firing.
“The victims were engaged in construction activity at the camp,” a police official said.
Policemen at the camp fired back, forcing the guerrillas to flee, he added.
In a separate incident in Kanker district, Maoists blew up a bridge Wednesday at a forested stretch between Amabera and Ghanora, nearly 270 km from here.
- Maoists kill civilian on spying charge - Apr 09, 2012
- Panchayat secretary killed in Maoist firing - Aug 30, 2012
- Maoists blow up new police station in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- CRPF trooper killed in Maoist attack - Sep 18, 2011
- Chhattisgarh cop killed in Maoist attack - Sep 16, 2011
- 10 Chhattisgarh cops killed in Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Maoists gun down police officer in Chhattisgarh market - May 19, 2011
- Maoists kill CRPF trooper in Chhattisgarh - Mar 26, 2012
- Maoists blast three bridges in Chhattisgarh - Dec 23, 2010
- Maoists attack Chhattisgarh police station, no casualty (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- 10 killed as Maoists trap police party in ambush (Third Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Maoists attack police station in Chhattisgarh - Jun 13, 2011
- Two cops feared killed in Maoist ambush - Feb 09, 2012
- Maoists fire at bus, two rebels killed (Lead) - Oct 19, 2010
- Five policemen killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attacks - Jun 27, 2011