Mother Dairy hikes milk pricesSeptember 10th, 2011 - 11:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 10 (IANS) Popular milk brand Mother Dairy has hiked prices of milk supplied by it by up to Rs.2 a litre, effective from Sunday, an official said Saturday.
“There is a need to increase the consumer price to compensate for the increased procurement prices,” a National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) official said.
While the full cream milk of Mother Dairy will now cost Rs.37 a litre against Rs.35 a litre, toned milk would cost Rs.29 against Rs.27 a litre, the official said.
Prices of toned bulk milk vended (token milk), double toned (poly pack) and skimmed variety have been hiked by Re.1 a litre.
The hike by Mother Dairy, which sells 30 lakh litres of milk per day here, follows a similar increase by Amul, which had raised rates by up to Rs.2 per litre in August.
Mother Dairy had last hiked prices of all varieties of milk supplied by it by Rs.2 per litre in May citing higher procurement costs.
- Maharashtra welcomes lifting of ban on milk powder exports - Jun 02, 2012
- Milk prices set to increase in north India: Pawar (Lead) - Jan 20, 2010
- Consumers angry over hike in milk prices - Mar 20, 2010
- Decision on milk prices taken by state federations: Pawar - Mar 22, 2010
- And now, milk price set to increase in Karnataka - Jan 14, 2011
- Taj city goes without milk - Mar 23, 2012
- Costlier milk pinches Delhiites - Mar 20, 2010
- Verghese Kurien: rare visionary and astute manager (Tribute) - Sep 10, 2012
- Karnataka eyes Indian diaspora to promote dairy exports - Jan 17, 2011
- Vijayakant to fast Nov 24 against price hikes - Nov 21, 2011
- Milk to cost Rs.2 more in Karnataka from Tuesday - Feb 14, 2011
- Rs.2 cut in petrol price unacceptable: CPI-M - Jun 02, 2012
- Milk prices up by Rs.2 in Bihar - Dec 30, 2010
- Vijayakant fasts against price rise - Nov 24, 2011
- Israel keen on helping Goa meet its dairy deficit - Aug 25, 2012