Mother burns herself, four children in Uttar PradeshFebruary 27th, 2009 - 6:43 pm ICT by IANS
Rampur (Uttar Pradesh), Feb 27 (IANS) Plagued by poverty, a 45-year-old woman in an Uttar Pradesh village set herself on fire along with her two sons and two daughters, the police said Friday.
The incident occurred Thursday in Daura Khas village under Kudh Fatehgrah police station in Moradabad district, some 75 km from Rampur.
“The cause of the deaths was probably poverty, as the family was going through a very tough financial situation,” Divisional Commissioner R.S. Dubey told IANS.
Prabha along with her four children Pintoo, 14, Laxmi, 12, Preeti, 8, and Arun, 4, died of burn injuries Thursday.
- Woman immolates self, two children in Moradabad - Jun 15, 2011
- UP accident kills four - Jun 05, 2012
- Two held with fake currency notes - Oct 15, 2011
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011
- Newly-wed woman commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 26, 2012
- Man gets death for killing daughter - Jun 01, 2011
- Man kills daughter over love affair - Oct 24, 2011
- Three Uttar Pradesh cops arrested in arms smuggling scam - Jul 16, 2010
- Four killed as train hits car in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 26, 2010
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Dec 23, 2010
- Three injured as car run over pavement - May 18, 2012
- Woman kills self, three children in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 29, 2010
- Mother sets herself ablaze with four children, all die - Feb 26, 2009
- Intermediate biology, maths exams cancelled in Moradabad - Mar 20, 2009
- Police nabs youth who threw acid on girl's face - Feb 01, 2012