More warm days in store for DelhiFebruary 24th, 2009 - 12:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 24 (IANS) Delhiites may have to pack away thick winter blankets and brace themselves for more warm days with temperatures hovering around four notches above average, the weatherman said Tuesday.
The maximum temperature has already crossed the 30 degrees Celsius mark and the met office has ruled out any possibility of rain to cool things down.
“The minimum recorded Tuesday morning was 14 degrees Celsius, this is three degrees above average. The maximum was 31 degrees - six degrees above average. On an average, temperatures have been four degrees above normal,” an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
“The temperatures are likely to remain high. There is no chance of rain in the coming days either,” the official added.
According to the official, the sky will remain clear through the day and the temperatures will be above normal. The minimum is likely to be around 13 degrees Celsius while the maximum would hover around the 31 mark.
- Hot morning in Delhi, rains expected - Jun 01, 2012
- Hot Wednesday in Delhi, mercury to rise further (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Sunny Tuesday morning in Delhi - May 15, 2012
- Light drizzle in Delhi, thunderstorm likely - Apr 10, 2012
- Hot morning in Delhi - Mar 20, 2012
- Hot Monday in Delhi, no respite Tuesday (Lead) - Oct 03, 2011
- Hot day for Delhi, light rains expected - Jul 02, 2012
- Hot Friday for Delhi - Jun 29, 2012
- Week starts on scorching note for Delhi (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Foggy morning in Delhi - Nov 21, 2011
- Searing day, no rains for Delhi - Jul 01, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, rain expected Tuesday (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Sunny day in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 26, 2011
- Hot, sunny Wednesday in Delhi (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Delhi has another hot day, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012