More trouble for Madonna as new single flopsDecember 21st, 2008 - 2:05 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 21 (IANS) Madonna is going through a rough patch. Apart from battling with divorce proceedings with ex-hubby Guy Ritchie, the pop diva is now dealing with the bad performance of her latest single “Miles Away”, which has completely bombed. “Miles Away” is said to be the worst-ever single in the Material Girl’s history. The song from her album “Hard Candy” scraped to an embarrassing 39 in the charts and now it’s disappeared without trace, reports mirror.co.uk.
A source said: “This is a massive blow for her. Only reaching 39 in the charts is disastrous for her. Madonna is completely obsessed by her career. She has a ridiculous level of ambition and will be furious ‘Miles away’ has flopped. Apart from her kids, there’s nothing else she lives for.”
It is the first time in her 24-year career that she has released a single which has not troubled the Top 20. Her previous low was back in January 1996 when she hit No. 16 with “Oh Father”, a song for an Estee Lauder perfume.
“Miles away” is all about her relationship to Ritchie. She has a dig at the director, saying they were always better when they were living apart.
“Madonna is worried the divorce has damaged her career. But being second best to her work was always the problem with their relationship,” the source said.
- Disaster looms for Madonna after worst-ever career single flop - Dec 19, 2008
- Evelyn Lauder dies at the age of 75 years - Nov 14, 2011
- Estee Lauder Selects Joan Smalls As Its New Face - Dec 14, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow is the new face of Coach - Apr 26, 2011
- Liz Hurley's response to Twitter plug furore - Jan 12, 2011
- Madonna struggles being single mom - Mar 11, 2012
- Liz Hurley's pink skin-tight dress stuns all at cancer charity event - Oct 02, 2010
- Madges ''emotionally retarded'' onstage jibe at Guy Ritchie - Oct 17, 2008
- 'Fabulous at Every Age' Liz Hurley celebrates beauty through generations - Apr 14, 2011
- Whitney Houston: Another star falls (Roundup) - Feb 12, 2012
- Joan Smalls is the new face of Estee Lauder - Dec 14, 2010
- Adele matches Madonna's UK album record - Mar 29, 2011
- Rihanna sets new record with latest album - Nov 28, 2011
- Madonna calls Guy Ritchie "her eternal love" in new song - Jul 29, 2009
- Kelly Brook wears same perfume as Madonna - Feb 07, 2011