More than 200 child workers rescued in RanchiMay 7th, 2008 - 11:43 pm ICT by admin
Ranchi, May 7 (IANS) More than 200 child labourers were rescued from different hotels and dhabas (eateries) of Ranchi Wednesday. Labour Minister Bhanu Pratap Shahi led a team of labour department officials and raided around one dozen hotels and dhabas, from where more than 200 child workers were rescued. Child labour is banned in India.
“I have directed the officials to take suitable action against the owners of hotels and dhabas who were employing children,” said the minister.
He added: “We will try to rehabilitate the children so that they do not work in hotels to eke out living.”
The rescued child workers have been kept in transit building of Ranchi. The officials are inquiring about the addresses of the children. The children will be handed over to their parents and those who are orphans will be rehabilitated by the labour department, officials said.
- 26 child labourers rescued in Delhi - Apr 25, 2011
- 42 child labourers rescued in Delhi, Punjab - Jun 07, 2011
- 20 child labourers rescued in Delhi - May 10, 2011
- 39 child labourers rescued in Delhi - Apr 26, 2011
- NGO launches action week before child labour day - Jun 09, 2010
- No rehabilitation for 95 percent of rescued child labourers - Jan 25, 2011
- Child labour at Goa's top medical facility? - Mar 30, 2012
- Improve child labourers' rehabilitation, court tells Delhi - Jan 12, 2011
- 57 child labourers rescued in Delhi - Dec 11, 2009
- Six units employing child labourers sealed, 20 held - Mar 24, 2011
- No kidding: Child labour rampant around Delhi courts - Oct 08, 2011
- 667 child labourers freed in Punjab in a week - Jun 30, 2011
- Use of child labour in households growing: Child Rights Commission - Jan 30, 2012
- 90 child workers rescued in Jharkhand - Feb 17, 2009
- 36 child labourers rescued in Delhi - Apr 19, 2011