More stimulus packages on the anvilJanuary 24th, 2009 - 2:50 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Jan 24 (IANS) The central government and the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will jointly work to chart out more stimulus packages for industry, Home Minister P. Chidambaram said here Saturday. “The country is facing only a slowdown and not a recession. Counter and corrective measures have to be taken to increase domestic demand,” Chidambaram said.
Launching the BYST Growth Fund promoted by Bharatiya Yuva Shakthi Trust (BYST), a charitable organisation that helps underprivileged youth set up businesses, the International Finance Corp (IFC), and private equity fund VenturEastthe, the former finance minister added that the government is taking fiscal measures while RBI is taking monetary measures for that purpose.
The BYST Growth Fund, with an initial corpus of $700,000, will provide financing and mentoring for young Indian entrepreneurs faced with growth opportunities but limited resources.
The fund managed by VenturEast is the country’s first micro-equity initiative to finance socially disadvantaged entrepreneurs, said Sarath Naru, managing partner.
- ISB event to provide start-up businesses access to funding - Dec 01, 2011
- IFC to take 15 percent stake in two SunEdison companies - May 10, 2012
- India inc favours investments in equities, mutual funds - Aug 27, 2012
- Finance Minister promises to strengthen regional rural banks - Feb 28, 2011
- India raises overseas investment limit in government bonds (Roundup) - Jun 25, 2012
- Micro finance firm Bandhan to apply for banking licence - Sep 05, 2011
- India raises overseas investment limit in government, corporate bonds (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- More steps soon for fiscal consolidation: Chidambaram - Sep 17, 2012
- Manufacturing policy is designed to create jobs: CII - Nov 13, 2011
- World Bank chief Zoellick in India Monday - Mar 25, 2012
- IFC, Rajasthan government to set up housing finance firm - Oct 27, 2010
- Energy firm Soham raises Rs.125 crore from SBI fund - Nov 07, 2011
- No rollback of diesel price hike, FDI in retail: Chidambaram - Sep 17, 2012
- MCX-SX to have 40-stock barometer index - Sep 12, 2012
- Rs.17,000 crore released into banking system; retail interest rates expected to fall (Roundup) - Sep 17, 2012