More snow in Himachal, rain in PunjabJanuary 17th, 2009 - 12:01 am ICT by IANS
Shimla/Chandigarh, Jan 16 (IANS) Keylong in Himachal Pradesh continued to be the coldest place in the hills, while the plains in neighbouring Punjab were lashed with rain Friday, the meteorological office said.While Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district continued to freeze at minus 3.7 degrees Celsius, Kalpa in Kinnaur district recorded the minimum temperature of minus 0.1 degree Celsius.
The minimum temperatures in Punjab remained two to five degrees above normal though the sky was overcast throughout the day.
Amritsar, Jalandhar, Faridkot and several other places in Punjab had light to moderate showers.
In the hills, tourist resort Manali was cold at 0.1 degree Celsius, Solan 2 degrees Celsius, Bhuntar at 5.4 degrees Celsius and Dharamsala at 5.5 degrees Celsius.
The capital town of Shimla recorded the minimum temperature at 7.8 degrees Celsius.
High-altitude areas like the Pangi Valley and Bharmour in Chamba district, the majestic Dhauladars in Kangra district, the Rohtang Pass, Manikaran and Dhundi in Kullu district had another spell of heavy snowfall.
According to the meteorological office, snowfall is likely to occur any time in the next 48 hours in tourist towns of Shimla, Manali, Kufri and Narkanda.
- Himachal braces for rain, snow - Jan 02, 2012
- Mild snowfall in Shimla, Manali - Mar 08, 2012
- Sunny but nippy New Year's day in Himachal (Lead) - Jan 01, 2011
- Himachal shivers with more snowfall - Jan 26, 2011
- Himachal slightly warmer after five days of snow, rain - Feb 18, 2011
- Severe cold in Himachal, snowfall disrupts flights (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Himachal's popular tourist destinations get more snow (Lead) - Jan 30, 2011
- More snow in Himachal, high alert in state (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Snow, rain continue in Himachal - Feb 14, 2012
- Himachal may experience heavy snow, rain - Mar 01, 2011
- It's snowing Valentine's fun in Himachal - Feb 13, 2012
- Snow-clad mountains luring tourists to Himachal - Nov 19, 2010
- Himachal stays in grip of cold - Jan 17, 2011
- Himachal hills, valleys receive more snow, rains - Jan 15, 2011
- No white New Year's Eve for Himachal's hill stations - Dec 31, 2011