More rains forecast for Uttar Pradesh in SeptemberAugust 30th, 2008 - 6:42 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 30 (IANS) More rains are expected throughout Uttar Pradesh in September though the state this year has already received 25 percent more rainfall than normal, the weather office said Saturday.While the rainfall in eastern Uttar Pradesh exceeded the average by 33 percent, the western region has received 12 percent excess rains till date.
“The intensity (in September) may be less than what the state has received in the past three months and the distribution of rain is likely to be more normal,” L.C. Ram, director of the meteorological forecasting section here, told IANS.
Statistics also show the rainfall has exceeded 100 percent in some districts.
While Kanpur received 141 percent excess rains, it was followed by Sitapur (95 percent), Varanasi (81 percent), Allahabad (74 percent) and Lucknow (72 percent).
A majority of the districts have received over 50 percent of excessive rainfall.
The figures are from June 1 to Aug 28, Ram added.
Explaining the prevailing floods in most rivers of the state, Ram said the monsoon has moved towards the foothills of the Himalayas. “A lot would depend on the rainfall in the Himalayan ranges and more rains are expected in the entire state in the next 48 hours,” he added.
- Monsoon showers bring relief to UP - Jul 07, 2012
- Hubdreds of Uttar Pradesh villages flooded - Aug 02, 2011
- Lawyers strike work in UP, demand security - Aug 21, 2012
- Himachal has deficit monsoon, but more rains expected - Sep 16, 2011
- Rainfall likely in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 10, 2010
- India's northeast records 38 percent deficit rainfall - Aug 03, 2011
- Rains bring relief to parts of Uttar Pradesh - Jul 16, 2011
- Widespread rains in Andhra revive farmers' hopes - Jul 21, 2012
- Light showers in Uttar Pradesh turn weather pleasant - May 31, 2011
- Himachal got more rains than normal this year - Sep 01, 2010
- 22 percent deficit rainfall in Himachal - Aug 01, 2011
- Widespread rain in northwest India next week - Aug 13, 2011
- Traders down shutters to support Hazare - Aug 27, 2011
- 36 killed in heavy rains in eastern Uttar Pradesh - Sep 26, 2011
- Widespread rainfall in store for Uttar Pradesh - Aug 01, 2011