More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza’s lockersSeptember 13th, 2012 - 7:16 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Sep 13 (IANS) A further Rs.1 crore in cash and jewellery worth over Rs.30 lakh were recovered from the lockers of Fiza Mohammed alias Anuradha Bali, the dead estranged wife of former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan, police said Thursday.
This discovery comes just over a month after Rs.93 lakh in cash, 1.5 kg of gold and other jewellery were recovered stacked away under sofa seats and bed mattresses and in almirahs in her house.
The lockers, in Fiza’s name in different banks, were opened by the Mohali police.
“A lot of cash and jewellery has been recovered from her lockers. We are still counting and assessing it,” a police officer said.
Police had, earlier this week, ruled out foul play in her death based on the post-mortem and forensic reports.
Fiza was found dead in her house in Mohali town, 10 km from here, Aug 6. Her body was in a highly decomposed condition.
The Mohali police had investigated all angles, including suicide, murder and death by consuming something accidentally.
Fiza had married then Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan, aka Chand Mohammed, in November 2008 but was later divorced by him.
She went missing in November 2008 with Chander Mohan. They reappeared in early December 2008 as a married couple after embracing Islam.
They got secretly married in Meerut in Uttar Pradesh and changed their names from Chander Mohan to Chand Mohammed and from Anuradha Bali to Fiza.
Following the controversy over his affair and second marriage, Chander Mohan, elder son of three-time Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal, lost his job in the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government.
The marriage lasted hardly 40 days, with Chander Mohan suddenly leaving her house. He later divorced her.
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Fiza approaches court for passport in new name - Jun 08, 2009
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza over phone - Mar 14, 2009
- Chand-Fiza soap opera: Chand Muhammad back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- Chand does another volte-face, back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- I will ruin Chand's life, says angry Fiza - Jun 05, 2009
- Chand again Chander Mohan, returns to Hinduism - Jul 28, 2009
- Chand Mohammed in hospital with multiple fractures - Jul 08, 2009