Morani’s interim bail decision likely TuesdayJuly 18th, 2011 - 9:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 18 (IANS) The Delhi High Court is likely to pronounce its verdict Tuesday on the interim bail plea of Cineyug Films founder Karim Morani, who is in jail for his alleged involvement in the 2G spectrum case.
Justice Ajit Bharihoke July 14 reserved his order on Morani’s interim bail application saying: “The order on the plea is reserved.”
The court’s cause list released Monday evening included Morani’s name among the people on whose pleas judgment would be delivered by the court the next day.
Seeking relief for Morani on health ground, senior advocate Siddharth Luthra earlier said: “My client has a history of disease relating to coronary arteries and he be granted an interim bail for four weeks to consult his doctors.”
“Do you want to say that those who are suffering from such ailments could have a licence to commit offence and remain out on bail,” the court asked.
The court June 23 directed Tihar Jail authorities to submit a fresh medical report on Morani. The plea was deferred thereafter.
He was admitted to the G.B. Pant Hospital June 23 and discharged the next day.
The Central Bureau of Investigation named Morani as a co-conspirator in a charge sheet after it traced an illegal money trail of Rs.214 crore in the scam.
Morani first appeared in the trial court May 24, a day after his anticipatory bail was dismissed.
- 2G case: Morani's plea for interim bail rejected - Jul 19, 2011
- 2G scam: Court reserves order on Morani's interim bail - Jul 14, 2011
- 2G case: Morani's interim bail plea rejected (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- 2G case: Morani's bail plea deferred (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- Court asks for fresh medical report on Morani (Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
- Court orders three-member board to examine Morani - Jul 08, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani's bail plea deferred - Jun 27, 2011
- Consider Morani's plea for separate cell, Tihar told - Jun 07, 2011
- Apex court rejects Morani's interim bail plea (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Morani interim bail plea hearing July 8 - Jul 05, 2011
- Court asks for fresh medical report on Morani - Jun 23, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani's bail decision Monday (Lead) - May 21, 2011
- 2G case: Court reserves order on Morani's bail plea - May 26, 2011
- 2G scam: Bail pleas of five corporate honchos rejected (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani appears in court, moves bail plea (Lead) - May 24, 2011