Monsoon likely to be below normalJune 21st, 2011 - 6:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 21 (IANS) The country is expected to receive below normal rainfall during the current monsoon, the meteorological department’s second monsoon forecast said.
“Rainfall all over the country as a whole from June to September is most likely to be below normal, between 90-96 percent,” Ajit Tyagi, director general of India Meteorological Department (IMD), told reporters here.
In Delhi, the monsoon is expected to hit in a week’s time, around June 27-29, Tyagi said.
In the rest of north India, it is expected to arrive by the first week of July, he added.
The southwest monsoon set in over Kerala May 29, three days before the normal date of June 1.
- Below normal monsoon likely this year (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- India's monsoon likely to be normal: Deshmukh (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- India monsoon likely to be normal (Second Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Monsoon likely to be normal (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Monsoon hits Kerala, IMD says delay is ok (Second Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Less rains likely in August-September: IMD - Aug 02, 2012
- Monsoon hits Kerala, IMD says delay is ok (Roundup) - Jun 05, 2012
- IMD says monsoon likely normal despite scanty rains - Jun 22, 2012
- India to have normal monsoon this year: Bansal - Apr 19, 2011
- Monsoon to be normal this year: Weather office (Lead) - Jul 30, 2010
- Monsoon to be a week late in Delhi, says IMD - Jun 28, 2012
- Monsoon arrives in Kerala (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- India's monsoon likely to be normal: Deshmukh - Apr 26, 2012
- Normal monsoon may cool high inflation - Apr 19, 2011
- Monsoon reaches Andaman Islands - May 17, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,