Monica Bedi to turn over new leaf on 34th birthdayJanuary 18th, 2009 - 11:40 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 18 (IANS) Monica Bedi says she has put her troubled past behind her and is back to what she knows best - acting. With a TV show and few films in hand, the actress was all set to turn over a new life on her 34th birthday Sunday.”A lot of big and good things are lined up for the coming year. I am doing a TV reality show, I am in talks for a few films and I am even singing for an album but I can’t disclose their details now. But in this new year of my life, I have to work very hard to prove myself to the world,” Monica told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
The actress has no big celebration plans for her birthday but she is expecting her close college friends to surprise her at midnight.
“I will just have a quiet get together with my friends and go out for dinner somewhere but I’m not having any big party. Last year my friends gave me a huge surprise at midnight by turning up to be with me and brought a cake. This time also I am expecting something like that,” she said.
Monica made a surprise comeback last year when she participated on reality show “Bigg Boss”. It was her first onscreen appearance since she was released from prison for being caught with gangster Abu Salem.
She had joined “Bigg Boss” with an aim “to start life afresh” and with the industry gradually warming up to the idea of working with her, Monica seems to have come closer to her objective.
“When I was released from jail, it was very tough to face everyone. Everyone used to be reminded of my negative past and they use to see me with suspecting eyes. But now I see love in people’s eyes and it feels great that they want to work with me again. I have received such a warm welcome,” she said.
Monica, who was seen in films like “Jodi No.1″, “Jaanam Samjha Karo” and “Pyaar, Ishq Aur Mohabbat” in her short-lived Bollywood career, was recently also invited to be a part of the forthcoming season of popular dance reality show, “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa”. However, she couldn’t take up the project due to a clash of dates with her pending assignments.
“I was approached for ‘Jhalak…’ but I couldn’t manage the dates. My other commitments require me to be out of Mumbai, but for ‘Jhalak…’ I must be in the city for the practice sessions so it wasn’t feasible,” said Monica.
- Monica Bedi feels like a 'free bird' after verdict - Nov 09, 2010
- I feel cheated, says Monica Bedi after 'Desi Girl' - Jun 26, 2010
- Monica Bedi's Portuguese connection - in previous life! - Nov 25, 2009
- On 'Bigg Boss', every one is enemy: Gulabo - Oct 16, 2011
- My marriage plans jinxed: Veena Malik (With Images) - Jun 26, 2012
- Salman didn't recommend me for 'Bigg Boss', says Mahek Chahal - Dec 13, 2011
- I have only professional relation with Shweta: Manoj Tiwari - Dec 04, 2010
- No more reality shows for me, says Pooja Misrra - Feb 16, 2012
- I don't create controversies: Payal Rohatgi - Jan 05, 2012
- I wanted to do mischievous things on 'Bigg Boss': Veena Malik - Dec 26, 2010
- My name will always be linked to porn: Sunny Leone (With Images) - Jan 01, 2012
- Aamir Ali choosy about reality shows (TV Snippets) (With Image) - Sep 21, 2012
- Abu Salem's comments don't affect me: Monica Bedi (Interview) - Nov 18, 2008
- Excited to entertain India: Indo-Canadian porn star - Nov 18, 2011
- Veena hunts for man like Big B - Apr 09, 2012