Monetary policy review has little impact on stock marketsJanuary 27th, 2009 - 1:39 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 27 (IANS) Indian shares continued to rule in the positive territory Tuesday, even after the central bank conducted its monetary policy review at 11:15 a.m. where it left all key rates unchanged.The 30-share sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (Sensex) was ruling at 8,877.28 points at 11:45 a.m., with a gain of 2.34 percent, or 202.93 points, over the previous close. The index had gained 1.75 percent within 10 minutes into trading.
At the same time, the 50-share S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,735.8 points, 2.14 percent higher than its previous close of 2,678.55.
Most analysts were of the view that they had discounted the fact that the central bank was not going to cut key rates, and said they were more on the lookout for positive signals emerging from central bank governor D. Subbarao.
The 7 percent growth forecast, albeit lower than the 7.5-8 percent growth rate projected three months earlier, was a positive signal, they added.
- Sensex snaps 3-week losing streak; up 359 points (Weekly market review) - Aug 04, 2012
- Sensex jumps 304 points ahead of RBI policy review (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Sensex continues to be listless in noon (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Indian markets quiet ahead of credit policy - Jan 24, 2012
- Sensex surges 434 points on rate cut and policy push hopes (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Sensex falls on global economic growth worries - Jul 06, 2012
- Sensex down 127 points, IT stocks hit (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Sensex closes 17 points down on growth worries (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- Sensex rallies 250 points ahead of RBI policy review - Jul 30, 2012
- Sensex ruling in tight range ahead of monetary policy review - Dec 16, 2010
- Sensex down 112 points, capital goods, bank stocks hit (Roundup) - Dec 19, 2011
- Sensex gains 272 points on rate cut hope, global cues (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Sensex tanks 244 points as RBI keeps rates unchanged (Roundup) - Jun 18, 2012
- Fifth straight weekly loss for Sensex (Weekly Market Review) - Mar 24, 2012
- Indian markets quiet ahead of monetary policy - Jan 23, 2012