Molestors throw couple off running train, kill husbandOctober 22nd, 2008 - 2:09 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 22 (IANS) A newly married couple was thrown off a running train here early Wednesday when the husband resisted a bid to molest his wife, the police said. The husband, Pappu Sharma, died on the spot. The wife, Abhilasha, was critically injured and was admitted in a hospital.”According to the initial conversation with the woman, four youths tried to molest her, and when his husband protested, they pushed them off the train near the Mallahaur railway station in the wee hours,” inspector Tripurari Pandey of the government railway police told IANS.
The police were recording the statement of the woman.
According to the police, the couple from Bihar, who married a few days ago, was on their way to Ambala in Harayana, where Pappu was a daily wage factory labourer.
They are from Purnia district in Bihar and boarded the Amrapali express for Ambala.
Pandey said according to Abhilasha, the youths also boarded the train in Purnia and started teasing her.
A police team was sent to Bihar to nab the accused and another team will also be sent to Ambala.
- Couple thrown off running train, husband killed (Lead) - Oct 22, 2008
- Man accidentally shoots wife dead - Jan 27, 2011
- Woman killed in Bihar for getting drunk - Jun 21, 2012
- Mother who killed kids to elope arrested - Sep 05, 2010
- Armed men loot train passengers in Bihar - Jan 22, 2011
- Five held for molesting woman on train - Feb 07, 2010
- Chinese intruder escapes police custody - Sep 01, 2011
- Man's body found inside train in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 31, 2010
- Abducted woman untraced, husband still in hospital - Jul 29, 2012
- Railway board issued notice for human rights violation - Jan 12, 2011
- Bihar legislator stabbed to death by woman - Jan 04, 2011
- Three troopers arrested in Bihar - May 27, 2012
- Youth arrested for raping infant in Delhi - Aug 17, 2012
- Bihar legislator stabbed to death by woman (Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- Three held for attempt to rape - Feb 24, 2011