Moin hopes PCB will lift ban on ICL playersAugust 30th, 2008 - 6:37 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, Aug 30 (IANS) Former Pakistan captain Moin Khan hopes that the new office-bearers of the Pakistan Cricket Board will lift the ban on players playing in the Indian Cricket League (ICL).Moin, who is coach of Lahore Badshahs, the only Pakistani team to play in the ICL, said the players have every right to earn their livelihood.
PCB chairman Nasim Ashraf has quit his post after the resignation of President Pervez Musharraf and a new set-up is expected to take over in September.
“All players featuring in the ICL are professional cricketers and they are not breaking any law. They are just earning their livelihood. So why ban them. I hope the new set-up will be more flexible on the issue,” Moin told IANS.
Badshahs failed to win the ICL despite starting the event with a bang in the last edition, but Moin is confident of claiming the title this season when the league gets underway from Oct 10.
“Our players are mostly playing county or league cricket in England and would be fully match fit for the next ICL season,” said Moin.
“The players who are in Pakistan are training regularly,” he added.
Badshahs were the firm favourites to win the ICL T20 title in April but lost to Hyderabad Heroes in the semifinal at the Lal Bahadur Shastri Stadium in Hyderabad.
The Badshahs, led by former Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul Haq, include a number of Pakistani Test players including Imran Farhat, Mohammad Sami, Taufeeq Umar, Mushtaq Ahmed and Rana Naved-ul-Hassan.
Moin rejected speculation that two teams from Pakistan will play in the ICL next season. “It would be just Lahore Badshahs from Pakistan,” he said.
A few other players including experienced Pakistan allrounder Abdul Razzaq and pacer Shabbir Ahmed might play for other teams.
- ICL will suffer without Badshahs: Moin Khan - Dec 29, 2008
- ICL stonewalling Pak cricketers' 2.2 million dollar overdue payment bid: Moin Khan - Jan 28, 2011
- Pakistan's ICL players facing bleak future - Jan 11, 2009
- Imran Farhat discontinues his ICL contract - Sep 04, 2009
- Pak court lifts ban on ICL players - Feb 02, 2009
- Moin Khan hopes new PCB will lift ban on cricketers playing in ICL - Aug 31, 2008
- Lahore Badhshahs eye ICL crown - Oct 05, 2008
- Afridi, Akmal not in new PCB contracts - Aug 08, 2011
- Pakistan cricket board cannot take decision on ICL players: Ijaz Butt - Jan 05, 2009
- Pak 'rebels' hoping for ICL recognition - Jul 11, 2008
- PCB should allow all ICL players to play for country again: Moin Khan - Jun 13, 2009
- ICL may sue Yousuf for terminating contract - Mar 27, 2009
- ICC warns players against joining American Premier League - Apr 25, 2009
- Misbah's appointment as Pak Test captain shocking: Akram - Oct 10, 2010
- Farhat to quit ICL for place in national team - Aug 14, 2009