Mohan Kapur to enter ‘Amrit Manthan’ as saviourJuly 1st, 2012 - 11:02 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 1 (IANS) Bollywood and television actor Mohan Kapur is set to enter TV show “Amrit Manthan” as protagonist Nimrit’s saviour. He will be seen as hotelier S.J. Oberoi and says that as the shows progresses he becomes like a father figure to her.
“It is a role of a billionaire hotelier, but that part comes into play later. It starts with my character discovering our leading lady (Nimrit, played by Ankita Sharma) in an accident. He saves her life and takes care of her. He is happy that she is alive and god has given him an opportunity to take care of her,” Mohan Kapur told IANS.
Produced by Rajan Shahi’s Director’s Kut Productions, the show comes on Life Ok! and is the story of a family and how two sisters and the enmity that grows between them.
In the show, it will be seen that Kapur’s character too went through a personal tragedy.
“So this is like a catharsis for him and he treats her like his daughter. As the story unfolds, he discovers the wrong done to her and he becomes her support system and pillar of strength. He becomes like a father figure to her,” Kapur said.
“The character is very positive and robust. He loves life and believes in positivity that life brings along,” he added.
He has started shooting for the show and will be introduced in the coming weeks.
“Amrit Manthan” is not Mohan’s first show on Life Ok!. He was also seen in “Hum Ne Li Hai..Shapath”.
Kapur feels that “Amrit Manthan” was the best show to come back to the channel.
“It is a predominant character and it was a good opportunity for me to come back on the channel,” the actor said.
Kapur is looking up to his co-stars and director to help and support him.
“The people, who are there, have already established the show and have made it so successful. I will be looking up to them for their support and guidance,” he said.
At the same time, Kapur is confident of his character and feels it will be liked by all.
“I know the way the character has been envisaged and the way he supports the leading lady will create an impact. But more than my character, the ‘jugalbandi’ of my character and the heroine and what we do now, will create an impact,” he added.
- Ankita replaces Dimple in 'Amrit Manthan' - Jul 06, 2012
- Piyush Sachdev toughens up for cop role (With Images) - Jan 20, 2012
- Adaa Khan not comfortable with negative roles - Jul 30, 2012
- No more puppy love, romance matures on telly - Mar 05, 2012
- Bharti Achrekar enters 'Meri Maa' (TV Snippets) - Feb 08, 2012
- I want unconventional roles: Mrunal Jain (TV Snippets) - May 17, 2012
- 'Rockstar' fails to pull heartstrings, but Ranbir wows (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ** 1/2) - Nov 11, 2011
- 'Memories In March' - cathartic saga on love between men (IANS Movie Review) - Apr 01, 2011
- Asha Bhosle grooves with Riteish (TV Snippets) - Jul 26, 2012
- Inside track of actresses' lives - the fascination continues - Aug 18, 2012
- Kinshuk Mahajan Enters 'Chaand Chupa Badal Mein' With A Special Action Sequence! - Oct 12, 2010
- Custody battles come alive in this absorbing novel (IANS Book Review) - Apr 07, 2011
- Ash goes shopping for baby in London! (Movie Snippets) - Jun 14, 2012
- Adrianne Palicki Scares As Psycho Killer In "Criminal Minds" - Jan 27, 2011
- 'Bandit Queen' would have not been possible without Mala: Shekhar Kapur - May 24, 2011
Tags: billionaire, bollywood, catharsis, co stars, enmity, father figure, july 1, kut, leading lady, manthan, mohan, mumbai, oberoi, personal tragedy, pillar, protagonist, saviour, support and guidance, television actor, two sisters