Modi promises beautification of medieval Ahmedabad templeJanuary 1st, 2009 - 3:32 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Jan 1 (IANS) Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has announced that repair and restoration work will be undertaken at the Bhadrakali temple here, which was built by the Marathas in the medieval era, to make it an important landmark.Speaking at the concluding function of the week-long Kankaria Carnival here Wednesday, Modi said a project would soon be launched for the beautification of the temple situated inside the Bhadra Fort.
The weeklong Kankaria Carnival, organised around the Kankaria lake, attracted two million visitors.
“It is really a historic event that has offered a platform to more than 12,000 artistes. People have demonstrated unprecedented enthusiasm. More than two million people have enjoyed the festivities,” Modi said.
Weaving a rich tapestry of music and songs as a showcase of Gujarat’s cultural heritage, the students of municipal schools also demonstrated yoga postures at the concluding function. Modi handed over prizes to winners of the various contests organised during the carnival.
- 'Kankaria Carnival' kicks off in Ahmedabad - Dec 26, 2010
- Mumbai marks World Diabetes Day - Nov 13, 2011
- After Carnival, Goa goes into Shigmo festivities - Mar 21, 2011
- Yoga 2011 calendars depict cats, dogs and nudes performing asanas - Dec 30, 2010
- Modi dedicates 'Atal Express' to children - Dec 25, 2008
- Mumbai landmarks to turn blue for diabetes awareness - Nov 10, 2011
- High court pulls up Ahmedabad civic agency - Dec 29, 2010
- Narendra Modi kickstarts poll campaign in Gujarat - Sep 11, 2012
- Yoga reduces irregular heartbeat and anxiety - Apr 04, 2011
- Mahashivaratri celebrated across India - Feb 20, 2012
- Modi fasts again, Congress dismissive - Oct 16, 2011
- Congress takes dim view of party MP praising Modi (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Three-day meditation in Gujarat before Delhi agitation: Ramdev - Aug 05, 2012
- Congress takes dim view of party MP praising Modi - Jul 29, 2012
- Advani rakes up Ram temple issue - Sep 09, 2012