Modi prescribes formula to beat economic meltdownJanuary 12th, 2009 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Jan 12 (IANS) Inaugurating the fourth Vibrant Gujarat investors’ summit, Chief Minister Narendra Modi Monday suggested to the business community his formula of “lower risk, alertness, low cost and high efficiency” to turn the global economic crisis into an opportunity.”Lower risk, alertness, low cost and high efficiency can really work wonders. I believe that the RACE formula can convert the global economic crisis into an opportunity,” Modi said in his speech at the inauguration of the two-day event here.
Modi said the annual event, now in its fourth edition, had carved out a niche for itself in India and abroad.
Those present on the occasion included leading corporates, industry tycoons, business wizards and leading personalities from public life from all across the world.
They included Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga, Partner Country Japan’s consul general Hirotsugu Hagiuda, Japanese ambassador to India Hideaki Domichi and the business delegations from 37 countries.
“Japan has come forward as a partner country to Gujarat on the basis of the state’s reputation, strength and credibility. The Delhi-Mumbai Freight Corridor (being developed with japanese support) has opened up avenues of development for the state,” Modi said.
“With Special Economic Zones (SEZs) across the state’s 1,600-km coastline, Special Investors Regions (SIRs) and optimum logistic support system projects, Gujarat is now the gateway to development and excellence,” he added.
- India, Japan close to nuke deal; to ink trade deal in February (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Japanese firms to increase investment in Tamil Nadu - Jan 25, 2012
- 30 MNCs, 16 countries - Gujarat gears up for investor summit - Jan 11, 2011
- Modi to visit Japan July 22-27 - Jul 20, 2012
- India, Japan close to nuke deal; to ink trade deal in February - Jan 17, 2011
- Modi meets foreign delegations at Vibrant conclave - Jan 13, 2009
- Manmohan Singh meets Kenyan PM Raila Odinga - Nov 16, 2010
- Japan keen to partner in infra and other sectors in Kerala - Sep 13, 2012
- RBI deputy governor for investors to scale back expected returns - Jan 16, 2012
- Vibrant Gujarat now international platform for investments: Modi - Jan 10, 2011
- Business-friendly Gujarat appeals to US firms - Jul 14, 2012
- India, Kenya to discuss bilateral trade and investment - Oct 12, 2010
- Japan to help India launch 24 green cities - Nov 25, 2010
- Modi meets 14 foreign envoys - Oct 11, 2010
- PM lures Japanese investors to India's development plans - Oct 24, 2010