Modern laundry service stations to come up in ChandigarhJanuary 18th, 2009 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 18 (IANS) Six ultra-modern laundry service stations (dhobi ghats) will come up in different parts of the city at a total cost of Rs.70 million, an official said Sunday. “All the formalities regarding this project have been completed. The concerned department has already prepared the blueprint of this project and will present it in the next meeting for final consent,” an official spokesperson of the Chandigarh Municipal Corporation (MC) said here Sunday.
“Each laundry service station will be built at an approximate cost of Rs.10 million and a budget of around Rs.70 million will be separately allocated for this project. These stations, singular kind in the region, will be equipped with all the latest equipments and machinery,” said the spokesperson.
Civic officials here will sign an agreement with the local washermen association. As per the agreement, the washermen can avail the services at the laundry service stations by paying a certain fee.
These stations will be built at six different sectors of the city. Even the common man can avail this option by paying a fees.
“These laundry service station will be of immense benefit for people like me who are staying here away from our families. Normally, we face countless problems with the washermen here. They are not at all reliable and never come on time,” said Sarabjit Gill, an executive in a bank.
- Delhi Metro's airport line extends its radio cab service - Jan 07, 2012
- Faridabad to come on Delhi Metro line - Mar 25, 2012
- Punjab cricket board owes police Rs.11 crore! - Apr 15, 2011
- Games Village sports complex to open to public (Year after CWG) - Oct 02, 2011
- After infant's death over Rs 200, Punjab makes neo-natal services free - Jul 27, 2012
- Gurgaon-Chandigarh Volvo buses a hit - Apr 02, 2012
- 'Black marketing' of match tickets figures in Punjab house - Mar 26, 2011
- Mahindra, Italian firm tie-up for farm equipment - Dec 04, 2010
- Reliance Communications raises $255 mn for part-finance of 3G loan - Jan 18, 2011
- Sarabjit's family shattered by Pakistan's 'cruel joke' (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Badal gives go-ahead to Ludhiana Metro project - Jul 17, 2012
- Delhi Metro airport line set to commence - Feb 23, 2011
- India to improve rail-road links to Bangladesh: Officials - Dec 06, 2010
- Delhi's airport Metro may re-start late August (Roundup) - Jul 07, 2012
- UP invites investment for Lucknow IT park - Jun 14, 2012