Moderate Hurriyat leaders call on MirwaizSeptember 3rd, 2008 - 3:45 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Sep 3 (IANS) Senior leaders of the moderate separatist Hurriyat Conference led by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq met here Wednesday to chalk out their “future strategy”.Executive members of the separatist group Abdul Gani Bhat, Bilal Lone, Moulvi Abbas Ansari and Fazl Haque Qureshi and others called on the Nigeen residence of the Mirwaiz in the summer capital Srinagar.
While the leaders said their visit to the Mirwaiz residence was “purely a courtesy call after the chairman of the group was freed Monday”, sources within the Hurriyat said the “future strategy for the separatist campaign” was discussed during the meeting.
Meanwhile, the joint co-ordination committee of the moderate and hardline factions of the Hurriyat headed by Syed Ali Geelani and the Mirwaiz is likely to meet later in the day to announce the future programme.
The committee had asked the people to resume normal activities of life for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Clash at Hurriyat seminar in Kashmir - May 20, 2012
- Moderate Hurriyat issues notice to three leaders - Jun 01, 2012
- Geelani, Mirwaiz placed under house arrest - May 27, 2011
- Hurriyat revokes suspension of Ittehadul Muslimeen - Jun 02, 2011
- My brother too was killed by separatists, says Bhat (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Chinks in Mirwaiz-led Hurriyat Conference? - May 07, 2012
- Thousands join funeral of slain Kashmiri religious leader - Apr 08, 2011
- Separatist leader Abdul Gani Bhat admits separatist leaders killed by his own people - Jan 03, 2011
- Kashmiri separatists to meet Pakistan foreign secretary - Feb 23, 2010
- Restrictions in Srinagar to foil separatist march - Jul 13, 2011
- Separatist leaders under house arrest in Srinagar - Aug 02, 2011
- Hurriyat leader's statement proves our point: police (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Hurriyat leader critically injured in Srinagar shooting - Dec 04, 2009
- Omar again asks BJP to abandon Kashmir yatra - Jan 14, 2011
- Mirwaiz under house arrest in Kashmir - Jun 03, 2011