Mock drills at 11 Delhi Metro stations SaturdayJuly 27th, 2012 - 10:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 27 (IANS) The Delhi Disaster Management Authority will Saturday conduct mock drills at 11 Delhi Metro stations to check if the staff are ready to deal with earthquakes, bomb blasts and terror attacks.
The timing of the drill has, however, not been disclosed, said DDMA. “How would we fathom the preparedness if the timing is disclosed,” an official said.
The drill will be conducted at Central Secretariat, Shahdara, Pitampura, Badarpur, Kirti Nagar, Chandni Chowk, Akshardham, Karol Bagh, Noida City Centre, Gurudronacharya and Dwarka Sector 11 stations, a DDMA statement said.
DDMA will conduct the drill along with the National Disaster Management Authority.
“The aim is to check how well the Metro staff can manage, coordinate and be ready during any kind of disaster - whether it is natural or manmade,” a Delhi Metro official said.
A DDMA official said the drill would be conducted in the national capital region.
“A metro station from each of the nine districts, except east district, from Delhi will participate in the drill,” the official said.
DDMA will also conduct a Delhi Emergency Management Exercise (DEMEX) from the first week of August to the first week of December.
“The exercise will check the medical preparedness and response of government, private hospitals and ambulances services. It will train trainers of the police in-charge of police control room vans, nurses in hospitals and other paramedical staff to be fully prepared for emergency,” the DDMA statement said.
- Delhi Metro mock drills hit commuters - Jul 28, 2012
- Delhi Metro mock drill hits commuters (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Mock drills at six Metro stations - Feb 13, 2012
- Metro commuters hit by mock drill - Feb 15, 2012
- Delhi readies for mass drill to test disaster preparedness - Feb 15, 2012
- Quake mock-drills in Delhi Wednesday - Feb 13, 2012
- Massive mock drill conducted in Delhi (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Drill to check Delhi's earthquake preparedness - Feb 14, 2012
- Mock disaster drill held in Delhi, will show loopholes: NDMA - Feb 15, 2012
- Mock drills to check alertness during terror attacks - Mar 25, 2010
- Thousands hit by Delhi Metro mock drill - Mar 26, 2010
- An earthquake in Delhi? No, just a drill - Feb 15, 2012
- NDMA to conduct mock earthquake drill next year - Jun 06, 2012
- India to begin nuclear safety, emergency response drill Friday - Jun 09, 2011
- Delhi to have its own disaster response force soon - Feb 17, 2012
Tags: bomb blasts, central secretariat, chandni chowk, delhi metro, demex, disaster management, dwarka, emergency management exercise, karol bagh, management authority, medical preparedness, metro staff, metro station, metro stations, mock drills, national disaster, noida, paramedical staff, private hospitals, terror attacks