Mock drill in Gurgaon July 20 to test quake preparednessJuly 14th, 2012 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, July 14 (IANS) A mock drill will be conducted here July 20 by the Haryana state and district administration in collaboration with the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) to test the level of preparedness for an earthquake, an official said Saturday.
“Every person living in Gurgaon is expected to take part in it, be it government officials, representatives of National Disaster Relief Force, RWAs, NGOs, private companies and the general public, as in the event of a disaster like an earthquake happening, it is the local people who help each other first. Help from other quarters reaches afterwards,” said Major General (Retd) V.K. Dutta, an expert with the NDMA.
Delhi and Gurgaon fall in the second high-risk zone in the country in terms of seismic activity.
“The drill will be signalled July 20 with the wailing of a siren at 11.30 a.m.,” said Dutta.
- Mock disaster drill held in Delhi, will show loopholes: NDMA - Feb 15, 2012
- NDMA to conduct mock earthquake drill next year - Jun 06, 2012
- Drill to check Delhi's earthquake preparedness - Feb 14, 2012
- Delhi readies for mass drill to test disaster preparedness - Feb 15, 2012
- Delhi to have its own disaster response force soon - Feb 17, 2012
- An earthquake in Delhi? No, just a drill - Feb 15, 2012
- Mock quake drill in Agra - Apr 25, 2011
- Mock drills at six Metro stations - Feb 13, 2012
- Metro commuters hit by mock drill - Feb 15, 2012
- India to begin nuclear safety, emergency response drill Friday - Jun 09, 2011
- Mock drills at 11 Delhi Metro stations Saturday - Jul 27, 2012
- Quake-prone Delhi lacks safety measures: Expert - Sep 08, 2011
- Dhumal for quake drill in schools - Dec 07, 2011
- Massive mock drill conducted in Delhi (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Public awareness key to disaster management, says minister - May 05, 2011
Tags: collaboration, disaster management, district administration, earthquake, government officials, gurgaon, haryana state, high risk, july 14, management authority, national disaster relief, ndma, private companies, quake preparedness, quarters, seismic activity, siren