Mobile number portability licences to be granted in MarchFebruary 26th, 2009 - 7:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 26 (IANS) The list of companies that will be granted licences for mobile number portability (MNP) - a technology that enables cellphone users to retain their phone numbers when changing operators - will be announced next month, the government said Thursday.
“The successful bidders for grant of mobile number portability service licences will be announced by March 5,” Communications and Information Technology Minister A. Raja said in Rajya Sabha.
The letter of intent will also be issued the same day, Raja said, adding that the implementation of MNP has not been delayed.
The government had issued guidelines for award of MNP service licences Jan 1 this year.
As per the guidelines, MNP is to be implemented in all metro and category ‘A’ service areas within six months of the award of the licence, and in rest of the service areas within one year.
- BSNL ready for mobile number portability - Sep 10, 2010
- Over 2.3 lakh MNP requests turned down in Delhi till July - Aug 19, 2011
- TRAI says mobile number portability by Oct.31 - Aug 12, 2010
- Over 50 mn opted for mobile number portability till May - Jul 05, 2012
- Telecom market dominated by older players, users wont get affected: TRAI - Feb 02, 2012
- Mobile number portability will be rolled out from Oct 31 - Aug 12, 2010
- MNP likely to see more takers following SC ruling - Feb 02, 2012
- 32.79 mn subscribers opt for mobile number portability - Mar 06, 2012
- 45.89 mn subscribers opted for MNP till April: TRAI - Jun 27, 2012
- 59.31 mn subscribers opted for MNP till July: TRAI - Sep 09, 2012
- Mobile number portability postponed to Oct 31 - Jun 30, 2010
- 25.84 mn subscribers opt for mobile number portability - Jan 09, 2012
- 29.24 mn subscribers opt for mobile number portability - Jan 30, 2012
- TRAI 2G pricing norms by October-end (Lead) - Oct 19, 2010
- Over 180.59 lakh opt for mobile number portability - Oct 20, 2011