Mob torces four vehicles in LucknowMarch 30th, 2012 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 30 (IANS) An irate mob torched four vehicles in the old city of Lucknow Friday, leading to panic and tension in the Uttar Pradesh capital.
The incident, which caught the police unawares, was the result of an old tussle between two factions over the management of Dargah Hazrat Abbas at Sadatganj, police said.
Confirming that four vehicles had been damaged in the fire and one car gutted, Superintendent of Police (SP) West D.C. Dubey told IANS that the matter was “serious and being probed”. He further stated that an FIR has been lodged against three people and investigations were on.
According to information available, the Tata Safari car that was burnt completely belonged to Meesam Rizvi, a Zardosi trader and a local Samajwadi Party (SP) leader.
Fire fighters had a tough time putting out the blaze and it could only be controlled after an hour.
- Violence in Anantnag after youth run over by army vehicle (Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- Shia groups clash in Lucknow - May 18, 2012
- Concern over lack of fire safety in two Kishtwar shrines - Jul 02, 2012
- Police post set afire in Ghaziabad (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Three Lucknow students die in accident - Sep 05, 2012
- 16 die in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 19, 2012
- Truck mows four kids, one killed in police firing - Sep 14, 2011
- 20 NATO tankers torched in Pak's Balochistan province - Jan 15, 2011
- 200 shops gutted in Kanpur - Apr 23, 2012
- Shahi Imam lashes out at Uttar Pradesh government - Jun 04, 2012
- Powers crisis turns into law-and-order scare for UP government - Jul 24, 2012
- Fire at Lucknow's Coffee House - Apr 18, 2012
- Motorbike showroom gutted in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 18, 2011
- Bus crushes boy, mob torches vehicles - Aug 18, 2011
- SP workers clash with police during FDI protests - Dec 01, 2011