Mob sets ablaze lorry driver in West BengalFebruary 21st, 2008 - 1:09 am ICT by admin
Kolkata, Feb 20 (IANS) In a ghastly incident of mob justice, a driver who accidentally ran his lorry over a student was set ablaze in full public glare Wednesday in a West Bengal town. The driver later succumbed to his burn injuries in a Kolkata nursing home. TV footage by Bengali news channels captured the gruesome sight of the driver - Awadh Kumar Singh - burning as a crowd watched before police arrived. The incident occurred in Asansol area of Burdwan district, about 225 km from here.
Singh was later taken to the Belle Vue Nursing Home here where he succumbed to injuries Wednesday night. Police later nabbed six people.
The lorry driven by Singh had run over Bikash Barui, a student of Class 6, killing him on the spot.
- Bengal girl commits suicide after sexual harassment - Aug 14, 2012
- Trinamool worker killed by coal mafia in Bengal - Apr 05, 2011
- 1 killed, many injured as LPG tanker explodes - Aug 28, 2012
- Coal mafia leader arrested in Bengal - Jun 09, 2011
- Five killed in Bengal road accident - Dec 03, 2010
- Train accident averted in Bengal - Aug 03, 2012
- Mahasweta Devi hospitalised - Sep 10, 2011
- Wary of fourth girl child, man poisons wife, daughters - Apr 13, 2012
- Six dead in Bengal road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- Husband, wife commit suicide - Jan 25, 2012
- Bengal heat toll rises to 42 - Jun 06, 2012
- JNU's Tibetan students pay homage to 'martyr' - Mar 29, 2012
- Minor school girl raped in Bengal - Aug 03, 2012
- Eight dead in Tamil Nadu accident - Nov 06, 2011
- Cancer patient commits suicide - Aug 18, 2012