Mob lynches man for rape, murder of minor girlJune 8th, 2009 - 9:22 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 8 (IANS) A man, who allegedly raped a 14-year-old girl and then murdered her, was lynched by an angry mob in an Uttar Pradesh village, police said Monday.
“Chandra Pal was beaten to death by a group of villagers after they caught him burning the victim’s body in Kubernagri village in Kanshiram Nagar district,” Superintendent of Police Upendra Agarwal told reporters. Kanshiram Nagar is about 300 km from here.
According to police, Pal, 24, caught hold of the girl while she was returning home from the fields.
Pal raped her at a secluded place and then strangled her to death. In order to hide the identity of the victim, Pal burnt the girl’s body in the fields, police said.
Noticing smoke coming from the fields, the villagers came and saw Pal burning the girl’s body. Angry villagers beat Pal to death with sticks and rod, the official added.
- Uttar Pradesh's fifth rape case in a day (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Man surrenders after raping, murdering minor - Mar 13, 2011
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011
- Two 'rapists' lynched in West Bengal - Feb 26, 2012
- Minor burnt to death for resisting rape - Sep 21, 2011
- Three robbers lynched in UP village - Sep 06, 2012
- Man lynched after he tried to rape teen - May 10, 2010
- Three arrested for raping, murdering minor - Jan 17, 2012
- Criminal lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 09, 2011
- Driver set ablaze after minor's death - Aug 17, 2011
- Man gets death for rape, murder of 75-year-old - Mar 13, 2012
- Child strangled for gold earrings in Bengal - May 16, 2012
- Nine rapes in last two days in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 21, 2011
- UP suspends four officials after violence - Jun 26, 2012
- Two suspected criminals lynched in Bihar - Apr 27, 2011