Mob damages vehicles as boy run over in GhazaiabadApril 6th, 2008 - 10:17 pm ICT by admin
Ghaziabad, April 6 (IANS) A mob of people in Ghaziabad went on rampage Sunday and damaged about six vehicles plying on road after a three-year-old boy was killed in an accident. The incident occurred at 6 p.m. on GT Road opposite Indira Priydarshini Park under Sahibabad police station of the city.
According to the police, Anat Malik, son of Muzaffar Hussain of Bulandshahr, was crossing the road when he was hit and run over by a vehicle, which fled the spot at once.
The local residents seeing the child in a critical condition started pelting stones at moving vehicles and damaged six of them, including a DTC bus, a car, a three-wheeler and a two-wheeler.
The police later managed to control the mob, but till late in the evening were still trying to trace the vehicle that hit and killed the boy.
- East Delhi violence under control - Sep 03, 2012
- One dead, many injured in Delhi violence (Roundup) - Sep 03, 2012
- East Delhi situation under control, 22 detained (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Mob sets police booth, many vehicles afire in Delhi (Second Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Uneasy calm after Delhi violence, 22 detained (Third Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Life back to normal in east Delhi, six more arrested - Sep 05, 2012
- Three schoolboys injured as bus hits scooty - Apr 28, 2011
- Man killed in east Delhi firing was family's sole provider - Sep 03, 2012
- Police booth, bus set afire in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 02, 2012
- Geelani's shutdown call hits life in Srinagar - Jun 11, 2011
- Truck rams 10 vehicles, eight people killed - Jan 29, 2011
- Curfew imposed in Andhra town - Mar 30, 2012
- Violence in Anantnag after youth run over by army vehicle (Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- Andhra town tense after communal violence (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Bus crushes boy, mob torches vehicles - Aug 18, 2011