MNCs flocking to IIT-Mumbai as usual after terror attacks

February 16th, 2009 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS  

Mumbai, Feb 16 (IANS) The process of campus recruitments at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mumbai, which received a temporary setback after the Nov 26 terror attacks last year, is back on the tracks, a senior faculty member said Monday.

“The campus recruitments had virtually come to a standstill for more than two weeks after the Mumbai terror attacks, but thereafter, it gradually normalised,” Subhash Babu, professor-in-charge of placements, told IANS.

Babu said most recruiting authorities of various big companies and multinational corporations (MNCs), were apprehensive of staying in deluxe hotels after the terrorists targeted the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower and the Trident-Oberoi.

By December-end, the recruiters were back in full form and the trend has continued unabated since then, he said.

Babu said the campus recruitment usually starts in December and continues till June, depending on the demand, at all the IITs in the country.

The first point of contact usually is the students, who then co-ordinate with the IIT before the placement details are finalised and completed with the companies wishing to hire them.

He said data on the number of students who have already bagged offers or the names of the companies hiring them was not immediately available.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |

    Subscribe