M.L. Kumawat is new BSF chiefSeptember 17th, 2008 - 11:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 17 (IANS) M.L. Kumawat, an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of the 1972 batch, was Wednesday named the new director general of the Border Security Force (BSF).He will replace A.K. Mitra, who retires at the end of this month, the home ministry said in a statement.
Kumawat, an officer of the Andhra Pradesh cadre, is currently Special Secretary (Internal Security) in the home ministry.
Kumawat was earlier the additional director general in the BSF and also headed the elite Greyhounds force of the Andhra Pradesh Police, besides serving as joint director in the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
- Bansal is named new BSF chief - Sep 29, 2011
- AFSPA withdrawal a complex issue: new BSF chief - Nov 01, 2011
- Chadha is special secretary internal security - Jan 02, 2012
- Raman Srivastava appointed as next DG of BSF - Jul 01, 2009
- Vikaram Srivastava to head CRPF, Bhatia takes charges of ITBP - Feb 01, 2010
- Raman Srivastava takes charge as Special Secretary (Internal Security) MHA - Dec 02, 2008
- AP Singh appointed new CBI director - Nov 30, 2010
- Ishrat Jahan case: Fourth chief named for probe team - Jul 19, 2011
- Rajiv appointed new CISF chief - Jan 18, 2012
- IPS Rajiv is new CISF chief (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Pranay Sahaya appointed to cabinet secretariat - May 08, 2011
- Andhra gets new police chief - Aug 31, 2010
- Goa Police commandos to be trained by navy - May 07, 2011
- Security for CBI official probing Jagan case - Apr 02, 2012
- CAT sets aside Andhra police chief's appointment - Apr 27, 2011