Misty morning, but Delhi looks at rising temperatureFebruary 25th, 2009 - 2:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 25 (IANS) With fog enveloping the city early Wednesday, the general visibility at the airport dipped, forcing officials to use special procedures so that flights could land.
The fog, however, lifted soon, and then the temperatures started to climb above average once again.
According to the India Meteorological Department, the minimum temperature recorded early Wednesday morning was 14.3 degree Celsius, two degrees above average.
“For most of the day, the skies will remain partly cloudy and maximum temperature will hover around 30 degrees Celsius, around four degrees above normal,” an IMD official said.
The IMD official said the general visibility at the Indira Gandhi International airport early Wednesday was 200 metres. The optimum visibility range is 750 metres.
An airport official said the visibility was back to normal around 9.30 a.m.
“It was a little misty in the morning, causing the visibility to dip, but now it has become normal. Since the visibility had dipped, we had to use LVP (low visibility procedures) for some flights to land,” the official said.
- Fogy morning gives way to bright day, cloudy Wednesday likely (Lead) - Feb 22, 2011
- Heavy fog delays flights at IGI (Second Lead) - Dec 25, 2010
- Foggy morning in Delhi Friday - Feb 04, 2011
- Capital shivers, fog disrupts trains, flights (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Mercury dips as cold wind sweeps Delhi (Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- Fog envelops Delhi, flights disrupted - Feb 17, 2011
- Thick fog envelops chilly Delhi, commuters hit - Jan 18, 2012
- Mercury dips, chilly Tuesday in Delhi - Jan 31, 2012
- Cold and drizzle in Delhi; fog affects flights, trains (Lead) - Dec 30, 2010
- Fog disrupts flight operations at Delhi airport (Lead) - Feb 17, 2011
- Dense fog affects road, rail, air traffic (Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Flights hit as fog engulfs Delhi airport again - Jan 31, 2011
- Slight drizzle makes way for warm Sunday in Delhi (Lead) - Jan 30, 2011
- Fog hits air, rail traffic in cold Delhi (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Temperature rises as clouds envelop Delhi (Lead) - Dec 30, 2010