Missing Rajasthan nurse: CBI finds place where body was disposed offJanuary 4th, 2012 - 10:56 pm ICT by IANS
Jodhpur, Jan 4 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Wednesday identified the location where missing nurse Bhanwari Devi’s body was disposed off after she was kidnapped and burnt to ashes Sep 1, sources said.
The CBI took Omprakash Bishnoi, arrested in connection with the case, to a place near Jaloda village where the nurse’s body was burnt.
“Omprakash told the agency that the remains of her body were dumped into a canal near the village,” sources told IANS.
The location of the body was the biggest mystery in the case, which the CBI has apparently solved.
Omprakash is the brother of Bishnaram Bishnoi who was held near Pune by Maharashtra police Wednesday morning. The CBI had announced a cash reward of Rs.5,00,000 on Bishnaram saying that he was involved in the disposal of the nurse’s body.
A team from the Central Forensic Science Laboratory is expected to arrive in Jodhpur from New Delhi Thursday and inspect the place where the body was brunt.
- Bhanwari Devi case: Ashes sent to Delhi for DNA test (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: More arrests, place where body dumped identified (Roundup) - Jan 04, 2012
- Nurse case: Two accused sent to CBI custody (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Setback for CBI as accused refuses to testify - Jan 11, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Ashes sent for DNA tests, Maderna's custody extended (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Nurse case: CBI chief, other officials reach Jodhpur - Jan 05, 2012
- One more arrested in Bhanwari case - Jan 17, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Another accused refuses to testify - Jan 24, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Another accused gives statement to magistrate - Jan 19, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Suspect records statement before magistrate - Jan 19, 2012
- Nurse case: Accused sent to CBI custody till Jan 12 (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Breakthroughs in Rajasthan nurse case, two held (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- CBI nabs one more in Bhanwari Devi case - Jan 04, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Judicial custody of five extended till Jan 30 - Jan 16, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Some more items recovered - Jan 07, 2012