Missing property dealer found dead in South DelhiJanuary 24th, 2009 - 9:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 24 (IANS) The half-burnt body of a missing 48-year-old property dealer was found in R.K. Puram area of south Delhi late Friday, police said Saturday. Bhopender’s body was found in half charred condition in R.K. Puram sector 2 while his Innova car was found in sector 8.
Police sent the body to Safdarjung Hospital for an autopsy.
According to police, Bhopender was missing since Jan 21 when he had gone to attend a party thrown by a friends.
On Jan 22 his mother Amrit Kaur contacted the police in R.K. Puram.
Amrit Kaur had told the police that for some time Bhopender had been receiving threat calls from some unknown miscreants and was asked to pay a huge amount or face dire consequence.
Bhopender ran a property business in Karol Bagh and used to live in sector 10 of R.K. Puram with his wife and mother. He has a son and a daughter, both studying in the US.
“The accused will be arrested soon,” police said.
- Man held for raping daughter - Jan 15, 2012
- Class 11 girl raped, three nabbed - Feb 07, 2011
- New-born found abandoned in plastic bag - Dec 15, 2010
- Four of a family commit suicide in Secunderabad - Jan 28, 2012
- Delhi property dealer attempts suicide - May 02, 2012
- Half of MCD wards go to women, male politicians jittery - Jan 28, 2012
- Slight increase in Delhi's pollution during Diwali-week - Nov 06, 2010
- Cook held for sending lewd text messages to woman - Oct 21, 2011
- Two IT firm workers killed in accident - Mar 15, 2012
- Handicrafts from border areas a hit at exhibition - Nov 27, 2011
- Cousin held for siblings' murder (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Delhi Metro mock drill hits commuters (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Beheaded body of corporator found - Dec 16, 2010
- One held in Mumbai multiple murder case - Jun 23, 2011
- Law catches up with screen villian - Jan 09, 2012