Missing nurse case: Maderna shifted to Jaipur jailApril 4th, 2012 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
Jodhpur, April 4 (IANS) Sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna, an accused in nurse Bhanwari Devi’s disappearance and murder last year, was shifted to Jaipur jail Wednesday from Jodhpur, an official said.
Co-accused and Congress legislator from Luni constituency Malkhan Singh Bishnoi was also transferred from Jodhpur to Ajmer jail, he said.
The Rajasthan High Court had directed the state government to shift the two accused from the Jodhpur Central Jail, so that they could not threaten the other accused lodged in the same jail and influence the probe.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had told the court that investigators and witnesses in the Bhanwari Devi murdere were getting threats.
“Maderna has been shifted to Jaipur Central Jail while Malkhan to Ajmer Central Jail Wednesday. Both were lodged in separate cells in the Jodhpur Central Jail,” a police officer told IANS.
Both have been arrested for their alleged role in the disappearance and murder of the nurse last year.
Bhanwari Devi, who featured in a CD in a compromising position with Maderna, had gone
missing Sep 1 last year. She is believed to have been murdered and her body burnt.
Maderna and Malkhan are among 16 accused arrested in the case.
- Nurse case: Rajasthan legislator opposes jail change - May 03, 2012
- CBI arrests two more in missing nurse case - Jan 25, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Arrested Congress legislator faces new charge - Feb 28, 2012
- One more arrested in Bhanwari case - Jan 17, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: CBI collectively quizzes six accused - Jan 29, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: CBI quiz three accused together - Jan 28, 2012
- Bishnoi's bail plea rejected in Bhanwari case - May 26, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Rs.5 lakh reward for tip-off on accused - Apr 11, 2012
- CBI brings Maderna to Delhi for questioning - Dec 04, 2011
- Maderna mastermind in Bhanwari Devi muder: CBI charge sheet - Feb 29, 2012
- Key suspect in missing nurse case surrenders, arrested (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes Maderna's wife - Jan 01, 2012
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes Maderna in jail - Jan 03, 2012
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes arrested legislator's mother - Jan 31, 2012
- CBI arrests one more in missing nurse case - Dec 27, 2011
Tags: april 4, bhanwari devi, bishnoi, cbi, cells, central bureau of investigation, central jail, congress, constituency, disappearance, investigators, legislator, mahipal, nurse, police officer, rajasthan high court, state government