Missing nurse case: Court extends Maderna’s custodyDecember 24th, 2011 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
Jodhpur, Dec 24 (IANS) A court here Saturday extended the judicial custody of sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna, arrested for his alleged role in the disappearance of nurse Bhanwari Devi, who is allegedly shown in a compromising position with him in a CD.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) brought Maderna before the additional chief judicial magistrate, who extended the ex-minister’s judicial custody till Jan 6.
Maderna had also been taken to the CBI headquarters in New Delhi for interrogation.
Parasram Bishnoi, the other accused and a Congress legislator’s brother, was also presented in court. His judicial custody was also extended till Jan 6.
Parasram is the brother of Luni legislator Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, who has also been arrested by the CBI for his alleged involvement in the case.
An arrest warrant was Friday issued against five people, including Malkhan Singh’s sister Indra Bishnoi also after she failed to appear before the CBI for questioning in the case. Indra was considered close to the nurse and is a suspect in the crime. She has been summoned for questioning several times over the past 20 days, but she did not turn up.
Bhanwari Devi, who is allegedly shown in a compromising position with Maderna in a CD, went missing from Jodhpur Sep 1. On Oct 16, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot sacked the minister over allegations that he had a role in her disappearance as she was blackmailing him on the basis of the CD.
CBI arrested Maderna Dec 3 on charges of getting Bhanwari Devi killed. It was alleged that he had hired Sahi Ram Bishnoi, a small-time politician from Jodhpur, for the job. Sahi Ram then allegedly assigned the task to Shahabuddin, Sohan Lal Bishnoi and Baldev Jaat alias Balia to kidnap the nurse.
Sahiram Bishnoi Friday surrendered before a court and was remanded in CBI custody till Jan 2.
Bishnoi, who carried a cash reward of Rs.500,000 on his head for his role in the kidnapping and suspected murder of the nurse, surrendered before the court of the additional chief judicial magistrate.
In the charge sheet filed before the court earlier, Shahabuddin, Baliya and Sohanlal have been charged under Section 364 (abduction with an intent to kill) and 120 B (criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code and various sections of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
- Court extends custody of ex-Rajasthan minister - Jan 20, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Judicial custody of five extended till Jan 30 - Jan 16, 2012
- CBI arrests two more in missing nurse case - Jan 25, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Suspect's property to be seized - Jan 22, 2012
- CBI brings Maderna to Delhi for questioning - Dec 04, 2011
- Missing nurse case: Court extends legislator's custody - Dec 31, 2011
- CBI arrests one more in missing nurse case - Dec 27, 2011
- Maderna sent to CBI custody till Dec 9 - Dec 03, 2011
- Nurse case: CBI custody of accused extended till Feb 6 (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes arrested legislator's mother - Jan 31, 2012
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes Maderna in jail - Jan 03, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Ashes sent for DNA tests, Maderna's custody extended (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Key suspect in missing nurse case surrenders, arrested (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- One more arrested in Bhanwari case - Jan 17, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Maderna being questioned by CBI - Dec 05, 2011