Missing nurse case: CBI rushes team to Ajmer on CD’s trailNovember 5th, 2011 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
Jodhpur, Nov 5 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has rushed a team to Rajasthan’s Ajmer city following reports that missing nurse Bhanwari Devi had a bank locker there and an alleged CD showing her in a compromising position with sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna could have been hidden in it, police said Saturday.
In one of the two audio clips which surfaced Thursday and Friday, Bhanwari Devi mentions about a CD hidden in a bank locker in Ajmer.
“A team has gone to Ajmer to investigate the lead further. Information regarding some property belonging to Bhanwari Devi at prime locations in Ajmer is also being verified,” a senior police officer, who did not want to be named, said.
Bhanwari Devi had gone missing from Jodhpur’s Bilara area Sep 1. Maderna was sacked from the cabinet by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot Oct 16 over allegations that he had a role in her disappearance after she started blackmailing him on the basis of a CD showing both in a compromising position.
The audio clip which surfaced Thursday has Bhanwari Devi in a telephonic conversation allegedly with legislator Malkhan Singh’s sister Indra in Rajasthani dialect. Another audio clip had her speaking with Sohan Lal Vishnoi, a suspect in her kidnapping, who has been arrested by the police.
The CBI had earlier also stumbled upon clues suggesting that Bhanwari Devi was blackmailing some politicians in Rajasthan on the basis of CDs which showed them in compromising positions with her.
Meanwhile, the CBI produced Shahabuddin, a key suspect in her kidnapping, in a court here Saturday. He was sent to judicial custody.
Shahabuddin, a resident of Pipad area here and a mechanic by profession, surrendered in a CBI special court Oct 22. He is alleged to be the executor of the kidnapping conspiracy.
- Missing nurse had affairs with other ministers too? - Nov 06, 2011
- Missing nurse case: Rajasthan ex-minister quizzed - Nov 10, 2011
- CBI questions sacked Rajasthan minister over missing nurse - Nov 25, 2011
- CBI seeks access to audio clips of missing nurse - Dec 01, 2011
- CBI to get missing nurse's blackmail tape tested - Nov 04, 2011
- 'Missing nurse could have been blackmailing politicians' - Oct 28, 2011
- Missing nurse case: Suspect's house searched - Oct 30, 2011
- CBI brings Maderna to Delhi for questioning - Dec 04, 2011
- Key suspect in missing nurse case surrenders, arrested (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Rajasthan nurse case: Key suspect in police custody - Oct 22, 2011
- Forensic team returns after searching for missing nurse's remains - Nov 27, 2011
- Missing nurse case: CBI questions suspect's kin - Nov 28, 2011
- Congress MP quizzed in missing nurse case - Feb 09, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Setback for CBI as accused refuses to testify - Jan 11, 2012
- Bishnoi's bail plea rejected in Bhanwari case - May 26, 2012
Tags: ajmer city, ashok, bhanwari devi, bilara, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, compromising positions, dialect, executor, indra, jodhpur, judicial custody, kidnapping conspiracy, lal, legislator, maderna, mahipal, prime locations, telephonic conversation